Notices

Sigma m30 alarm issues on VW GOLF!

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2007, 04:16 PM
sun123
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sigma m30 alarm issues on VW GOLF!

Hi everyone,

I do not own a subaru , but do own a VW Golf. I am a newbie and found this site and learnt that some scooby's have the sigma m30 alarm fitted.

I have this alarm fitted on my car. It was fitted soon after the first owner bought it.

But, I have some issues that I am hoping you lot can help me on:

- sometimes the fob doesn't arm/disarm or lock/unlock the doors. This only seems to happen when near another VAG car, but that may just be a coincidence. I then have to lock by car, unlock by key, then use my code on the panel to arm then disarm so that I can start the engine. Thats a lot of hassle! I have searched the site, but do you guys only have the problem near another VAG car, like VW audi seat etc.?

- also, I don't have any sort of manual for it. I have seen this site has them, but do you reckon the codes/settings are scooby specific, or would I be able to use them on my VW golf?

- does anyone have a general sigma m30 alarm manual that covers all vehicles - could you send me a copy? pdf file?

Also, wanted to check this: whenever I accidently leave an interior light on, the alarm would go off a few hours later on. Why is this? Should this occur?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by sun123; 30 August 2007 at 04:30 PM.