Notices

If anyone lives in gloucestershire and needs alarm settings changed

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2007, 10:16 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default If anyone lives in gloucestershire and needs alarm settings changed

Just got me a Bitwriter,well,had it a few weeks now,V2.4,If anyone is around gloucestershire and needs some settings changed,pop along,to my house or work,i`ll happily/or you can use it/ change settings for you,this thing is cool,you need to use it LOL

wicked easy bit of kit, can now adjust my own built in turbo timer/add fobs and reprogram them when the batteries go flat etc without travelling to my alarm guy who has like a 1 mth waiting list !!!
feel free to use it

cheers

sweet sweet
Old 08 May 2007, 11:10 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't need to reset your settings after the batteries go flat. The settings are stored in the alarm, not in the handset.

New remotes can also be programmed in without a bitwriter. Full instructions come with the new remotes.
Old 08 May 2007, 11:13 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

wrong,wrong and no they dont.
If u`ve ever fitted a viper 480xv that is,and alot on here have.(alarm settings are stored in the fob,if these batteries go flat)

i cant be bothered to argue with u again.
Old 09 May 2007, 07:44 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

I have fitted hundreds of 480's. The setting are not stored in the handset.
Old 09 May 2007, 08:30 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

glad i never had mine fitted where u work then
Old 09 May 2007, 11:03 AM
MotorG Raf
Scooby Regular

Agree with Jesus H. I have fitted hundreds. Memory is stored in the alarm. If memory was stored in the remote then how come when you fit one the remote works first time without any programming. The remote has been sitting in the box with battery removed for weeks. You insert the battery and push the button on the remote and guess what. It arms the alarm without any synchronising of the fob. GENIUS.
Old 09 May 2007, 11:29 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MotorG Raf
Agree with Jesus H. I have fitted hundreds. Memory is stored in the alarm. If memory was stored in the remote then how come when you fit one the remote works first time without any programming. The remote has been sitting in the box with battery removed for weeks. You insert the battery and push the button on the remote and guess what. It arms the alarm without any synchronising of the fob. GENIUS.

Glad i didnt get it fitted where u work either.

to clarify,yes,the fob works to arm/disarm but heres the important part lads,wait for it...........

Its all set to factory levels yes,no passive arming, no forced passive arming, no VRS no auto lock no dual channel fob arming where u can have 4 frequencies set to different settings etc,with me "alarm fitting guys" ???

so,as i so kindly offered,if these settings are what u need arming,then feel free to contact me.
Old 09 May 2007, 11:30 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Oh,to make it clear,once these settings are programmed,removal of the battery of the FOB for more than 5 minutes the FLASH ram empties meaning all these settings need reprogramming again
Old 09 May 2007, 12:23 PM
MotorG Raf
Scooby Regular

If you read my post I talk about programming the remote to the car not settings for the remote. These settings can be programmed using the valet button. You dont need a bitwriter for most personal settings. Glad I dont have to use who ever you used for my alarm or i'd have to buy a bitwriter to go with it. You should advice on your area of expertise. Clearly the Viper 480xv is not yours. Saying that if I sold a Bitwriter to everyone who bought a 480 i'd be loaded. What car does your alarm fitter drive? If anyone wants to clarify what I have said please call the manufacturers of the alarm Directed on 01372 847120.
Old 09 May 2007, 12:55 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

If you do phone them you`d also find out you cant reprogram via valet button unless ur installer is kinnd enough to unlock your system via a BITWRITER of all things.

you dont need to buy a bitwriter but i have dealt with people like you who dont know the full features of alarms hence doing it myself !!

ican see ur advice now, use the valet buttonn, 9 times for this, 7times for that,6 times for this feature,get a call an hour later it dont work mate, oh yeah, i didnt unlock ur system.
Old 09 May 2007, 06:22 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Rig your talking tripe... again

There is no flash ram in a 480xv.

The remotes don't store the alarms programming

The alarm doesn't need to be unlocked by the installer. I have never seen one which has been locked and I am sure that MotorG Raf is probably the same.

Almost all the features of the alarm can be programmed via the switch. Those which can't generally don't need to be changed by anyone other than an installer.

Stick to fixing computers because you certainly know nothing about alarm systems.
Old 09 May 2007, 07:03 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

i swear u and mot dude are one nad the same people,sticking up for each other as usual.
im not wrong, i know im not wrong, anyone who has one of these alarms will know im not wrong,i seem to remember the other week a guy wanting features enabling which didnt work via the valet button due to it being locked.

it even states on the damn manual its bitwriter technology enabling features,change of pin code etc etc
as i said,im glad i didnt get it installed at ur gaffs, the poor sods uve told its all cool and when their fob batteries die their settings wil default back to original settings they wont know what to do.

but i suppose u like that so they come back and pay some more £££

and those settings that cant be done bia the switch and done by the installer, i wonder what they use,yes, a bitwriter

hence i will repeat what i said earlier, i bought a bit writer so i can do it myself an dont really on monkeys anymore to do it.

you`ve never seen on elocked, they come locked by default.

anyway,feel free to woffle away guys,im bored now, i know im right,owners of this alarm will know im right

i just worry about all these dodgy alarm settings about.......

anyhoo,as i said, if anyone wants settings changed,feel free to contact or borrow the writer................
Old 09 May 2007, 07:14 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Yawn.... as I said "tripe"
Old 09 May 2007, 07:16 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jesus H
Yawn.... as I said "tripe"
Bless