Notices

06 Forester Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2007, 09:52 AM
agkq62
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Forester Alarm

A few weeks ago I heard my car alarm go off in the early morning, go into the garage and the alarm klaxon is going off but no flashing lights. I tried every thing to turn it off but would only go off and then come back on again. Then I had a thought, ear defenders on, opened the bonnet, checked the battery volts, reading 8.6. Fortunately I have an old slave battery, connected that up, alarm goes off and great relief as everything operates as normal.

Now the reason the battery was flat was mine. I went to get a parcel out of the car and left the door partly open. I meant to return to the garage and lock the doors, but got diverted, so the alarm wasn’t actually set.

I have contacted Subaru and they say if the alarm is triggered by low volts on the main battery then it can't be stopped until another battery is connected. My worry is, if you were staying away somewhere and you caught the dreaded light switch on the steering cowl and left the side lights on, the alarm could be going for hours before the AA turn up to boost the battery.

Are Subaru correct or is there some way of turning the alarm off.
Old 22 February 2007, 09:47 AM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OE Alarm Sam would have been able to give you advice on this matter, but he has been banned by the moderators at ScoobyNet.
Being the designer of the standard fit Subaru alarm system and working for the manufacturer, his posts in response to forum users alarm queries were deemed to be of a commercial nature, gaining brand exposure for his product and so he has been asked to cease posting alarm advice on the ScoobyNet forum, unless he became an authorised advertiser.

OE Alarm Sam has now moved to the Subaru Imprezza Driver’s Club forum where you should be able to get free technical assistance regarding the standard fit alarm system in the Strictly Technical section.