Notices

Auto Arm with door locking

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2006, 02:56 PM
xrblue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Arm with door locking

How do I activate this on my 2002 impreza wrx?
I have the Sigma M30.
Old 21 July 2006, 06:27 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Do you really want Auto-Arm with Locking or do you mean Auto Re-arm with locking?

If considering Auto Arm with locking, be aware that when you turn the ignition off, exit the vehicle and shut the door it will Auto Arm and Lock at the preset time - regardless of whether the keys are with you or still in the vehicle/ignition!
Auto arm without locking is the safest option to ensure that the alarm is always armed, even if you forget to, when the vehicle is unattended, but without the risk of locking the keys in the vehicle.
In either case remember that when returning and entering the vehicle the system will also arm with you in the vehicle (and lock if selected) if the ignition is not turned on within the Auto Arm Time.
On the whole this feature can prove to be a bit of a pain.

Auto Rearm with Locking, on the otherhand does not cause any problems, When returning to an armed/locked vehicle and disarming it, if a door is not then opened during the Auto Re-arm time the system reams and locks. As the door has not been opened since the system was armed manually the keys cannot be left in the vehicle with this feature.

I can give you codes to do whichever you want if you can confirm the feature you want and the relavent delay/time.

SS
Old 24 July 2006, 10:59 AM
xrblue
Scooby Regular

Auto rearm with locking is already activated.

I want the auto arm with locking but after a time period of about 30 minutes if thats possible.

Also, if I arm/disarm the alarm using the keypad the siren gives a few cherps.
If I arm/disarm the alarm using the key fob the siren makes no noise.
I'd like the siren to make a few cherps when I arm/disarm the alarm with the key fob, is that possible?

By the way, my siren is working now I changed the circuit inside it, thanks again.

wayne

xrblue79@yahoo.co.uk
Old 24 July 2006, 02:06 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Hi Wayne,
Glad to hear you got that sorted - I didn't recognise your user name before.

The arm/disarm bleeps are turned off to comply with EU legislation. They can be turned back on for non-EU markets as follows:
- Arm/disarm the alarm system.
- Enter the following sequence into the keypad *17856*00*1#

(To turn this feature off, repeat the sequence, but substitute the final 1 for a 0)

With regard to the Auto Arm with locking feature, this can be turned on in the following way:
- Enter the following sequence into the keypad *17856*04*1#

(Again to turn the feature off, substitute the final 1 for a 0)

NB If the Auto Arm with Locking feature is turned on, the alarm will arm and the vehicle will lock automatically after the last door is closed - ensure the vehicles keys are not left inside the vehicle!

The delay between the last door being closed and the alarm system Auto Arming and Locking is set at 60 seconds from the factory. This can be adjusted between only betwen 1 and 99 seconds.

To adjust the Auto Rearm time to the maximum of 99 seconds
- Enter the following sequence into the keypad *17856*17*99#

SS
Old 31 July 2006, 02:24 PM
xrblue
Scooby Regular

Hi SS

Great, I got everything working, but ever since I enabled the auto arm with locking there is a double chirp everytime i open a door.

Can the double chirp be disabled?
Old 01 August 2006, 03:02 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by xrblue
Hi SS

Great, I got everything working, but ever since I enabled the auto arm with locking there is a double chirp everytime i open a door.

Can the double chirp be disabled?
Hi there,

I am afraid the double chirp you are getting every time you turn the ignition off, then open your door on the vehicle is a standard feature when either "Auto-arming" or "Auto-arming with door locking" is switched on, it is there for a reason to warn you that the vehicle will auto arm and lock if included after the auto arm time has elapsed (60 sec at default) so if you have left your keys in the igniton (turned off) or on the seat to collect them before shutting the doors on the vehicle, otherwise there is a real risk of getting locked out the vehicle. I know if you use the vehicle on a daily basis the double chirp could get a bit annoying, but it is there for a function and you never know one day it could be reminding you, it only takes one occassion to forget to take your keys from the vehicle perhaps whilst rounding up kids, talking on the phone etc and your keys are in their, so if you do wish to keep auto-arming on with/without locking it is a recommended chirp to live with!

Regards

Mike.