Notices

Alarm woes...

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2006, 11:05 AM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm woes...

I have a Toad alarm fitted to my Impreza, which allows remote locking/unlocking using the fob which also arms/disarms the alarm. A couple of weeks back a friend opened my car door with the key as opposed to pressing the button on the fob, and now my car will not lock or unlock remotely anymore.

Is there anything simple I can do to get it working properrly again, as it's starting to upset me?

Thanks,

Brian.
Old 11 July 2006, 02:34 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by briforbes
I have a Toad alarm fitted to my Impreza, which allows remote locking/unlocking using the fob which also arms/disarms the alarm. A couple of weeks back a friend opened my car door with the key as opposed to pressing the button on the fob, and now my car will not lock or unlock remotely anymore.

Is there anything simple I can do to get it working properrly again, as it's starting to upset me?

Thanks,

Brian.
Depending on the year of the Impreza it may have a motor fitted in drivers door that drives original locking
Try removing door panel as this may have been adjusted or moved by using key
It shouldn't but dafter thinds have happened

Ian
Old 12 July 2006, 11:28 AM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

I get the impression it's just "unset" itself as everything works perfectly independantly of each other?
Old 12 July 2006, 01:00 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Earlier Imprezas relied on the driver turning the key in the drivers door, which activated the vehicles other door motors - there was no motor in the driver's door itself.
When an alarm system is fitted to one of these vehicles it was necessary to fit a motor in the drivers door, to allow this to lock from the alarm remote.
The action of the driver's door locking from this added motor then switched the standard locking as before (just like turning the key), causing the other doors in the same way

This motor in the drivers door is driven directly by the alarm unit.
The other door motors are driven by the vehicles standard CDL as a result of the drivers door locking.

It sounds to me that the motor being driven by the alarm has failed/stuck or become disconnected or the wiring/alarm output to the additional driver's door motor has failed.

I hope this explains why the locking on the rest of the car appears to be working - when using the key in the driver's door.
Stripping the driver's door panel and inspecting the addition motor should show what the problem is

SS
Old 16 July 2006, 06:34 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Earlier Imprezas relied on the driver turning the key in the drivers door, which activated the vehicles other door motors - there was no motor in the driver's door itself.
When an alarm system is fitted to one of these vehicles it was necessary to fit a motor in the drivers door, to allow this to lock from the alarm remote.
The action of the driver's door locking from this added motor then switched the standard locking as before (just like turning the key), causing the other doors in the same way

This motor in the drivers door is driven directly by the alarm unit.
The other door motors are driven by the vehicles standard CDL as a result of the drivers door locking.

It sounds to me that the motor being driven by the alarm has failed/stuck or become disconnected or the wiring/alarm output to the additional driver's door motor has failed.

I hope this explains why the locking on the rest of the car appears to be working - when using the key in the driver's door.
Stripping the driver's door panel and inspecting the addition motor should show what the problem is

SS
Echo