This would be a nice touch

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2006, 11:55 PM
Boostjunky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This would be a nice touch

Hi guys,
i'm new to the forum, recently purchased a 03 sti type uk. Anyway there's a chap in my local who drives a very nice heavily modified supra. When he saw me in the scoob we got chatting cars. I was quizzing him about his alarm system etc and he told me his car was stolen but recovered and the theif was caught at his home. When I asked him how he said whenever he left his car he would stick a cut down stanley blade on the back of the steering wheel with bluetack, theif obviously cut his hand when he grabbed the wheel and the police got him from dna from where he bled on the wheel. Personally I think its a nice touch to get the ***holes back. Although he did admit the policeman dealing with the case did frown upon him heavily for his methods.
Just thought i'd let you all know.
cheers from ross
Old 25 June 2006, 02:08 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

nice idea, just a shame our stupid laws in the UK actually mean u can get done for it.

I think you should be able to put whatever security measures you wish in place in your own vehicle... teaches them a lesson when they do break in.
Old 25 June 2006, 08:02 PM
Gus the Bus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by marmski
nice idea, just a shame our stupid laws in the UK actually mean u can get done for it.

I think you should be able to put whatever security measures you wish in place in your own vehicle... teaches them a lesson when they do break in.
Agreed! If they want to be thiefing scum then they should have to pay the consequences .........or get a bloody job and buy their own