Notices

FAO Sigma Sam: M30 LED Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2006, 03:48 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Sigma Sam: M30 LED Problem.

Sigma Sam, hoping you can provide some advice - you've certainly helped me in the past, so here goes.....

Just been messing with my car fitting a centre 'defi style gauge pod'. Problem is I have damaged my Sigma Alarm LED which was located in the original surround next to the clock (ended up with both wires snapped from the red LED itself - don't even ask how this happened - you wouldn't believe me ).

Anyway, I have just bought a cheap LED thinking this would work - connected it to the original cable with the ends bared but when connect nothing happens - leading me to believe it must need a 'special alarm specific LED', althouth I can't understand why this would be.

Therefore can you advise if this is correct and where I maybe able to purchase an original replacement LED. Thanks in advance.

PS not sure if it's relevant but the car is a MY02 WRX Euro import, which had the M30 Cat 1 retro-fitted when first registered in the UK.
Old 25 June 2006, 11:19 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Your usual "after market" LEDs are 12v.
The Sigma status LED runs from a processor on the circuit board at lower voltage.
You will need the specific AC12 LED. You should be able to pick one of these up from a Sigma dealer or Subaru dealer (part number SACC3473) for only a few pounds.
To make life easier, rather than uplugging the LED at the alarm unit you can cut the wires from the new LED and join them to the old harness, matching like for like.
The only danger here is that when the wires snapped they came into contact and may have damaged the output from the alarm unit, although this is unlikely, unless the alarm unit was armed at the time or has been armed since with the bare wires in contact.

SS
Old 25 June 2006, 11:34 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Your usual "after market" LEDs are 12v.
The Sigma status LED runs from a processor on the circuit board at lower voltage.
You will need the specific AC12 LED. You should be able to pick one of these up from a Sigma dealer or Subaru dealer (part number SACC3473) for only a few pounds.
To make life easier, rather than uplugging the LED at the alarm unit you can cut the wires from the new LED and join them to the old harness, matching like for like.
The only danger here is that when the wires snapped they came into contact and may have damaged the output from the alarm unit, although this is unlikely, unless the alarm unit was armed at the time or has been armed since with the bare wires in contact.

SS
Thanks for this info. The LED was only damaged once removed from the car and wires were taped as I did cut the lead to save unplugging from the alarm box with the intention of re-connecting once remount in the defi pod.

Not sure where there are any Sigma dealers near me (outskirts of Manchester). Don't suppose the LED will be stocked by Subaru dealers and will need ordering in?

Thanks.