Notices

Leeds Main Toad & Gemini Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2006, 12:39 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leeds Main Toad & Gemini Dealer

Just a line to say hello i help out on many forums like these as i see many others do to i Specialize in Toad and can offer help and advise where needed
so dont hesitate to drop me a line

help@mobilecaralarms.com

Come on England

Ian

www.mobilecaralarms.com
Old 10 June 2006, 06:01 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know when toad are going to update the ai606 it seems to have been around for a long time?
Old 10 June 2006, 08:06 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
do you know when toad are going to update the ai606 it seems to have been around for a long time?
Hi Mate when i know you will seems to me that what is not broken is not worth tampering with

Ian
Old 11 June 2006, 01:23 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

would be good if they moved forward with technology. Good standard Cat 1.

www.motorguarduk.co.uk
Old 11 June 2006, 09:12 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MotorGuard
would be good if they moved forward with technology. Good standard Cat 1.

www.motorguarduk.co.uk
Cheers
Ian
Old 12 June 2006, 11:44 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Cheers
Ian
Come on we have had this debate on other forums. We also fit toad alarms but have to be honest when people ask opinions. As i said before yes it is a good standard Cat 1.
Old 12 June 2006, 01:55 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

"would be good if they moved forward with technology. Good standard Cat 1"

Age old problem here guys - costs!
We can develop the systems to do as much as you want and be as small as you like, but the first question asked is usually "how much?", so unless the new technology allows it to be manufactured at a greatly reduced cost then the new product is hard pushed to recoup the development and tooling costs that are incurred.

Would you pay more for an updated product?

We have specced a new Toad range on paper, but the costs affecting the model line-up have yet to be addressed if it is to continue to production.

SS
Old 12 June 2006, 03:05 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
"would be good if they moved forward with technology. Good standard Cat 1"

Age old problem here guys - costs!
We can develop the systems to do as much as you want and be as small as you like, but the first question asked is usually "how much?", so unless the new technology allows it to be manufactured at a greatly reduced cost then the new product is hard pushed to recoup the development and tooling costs that are incurred.

Would you pay more for an updated product?

We have specced a new Toad range on paper, but the costs affecting the model line-up have yet to be addressed if it is to continue to production.

SS
Agree with what your saying Sigma Sam to an extent but disagree that people would not be willing to pay for an updated alarm. We have so many customers that want standard cat 1 alarms taken of vehicles to install more advanced systems. This includes brand new Subaru's with standard fit Sigma alarms.
Old 12 June 2006, 04:15 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Nationwide feedback from our authourised dealers (both Toad and Sigma) usually puts cost foremost.
You would seem to be in a fortunate, but unussual situation. Nationally a more expensive product, no matter how well specified, would not be welcomed and we would lose sales to cheaper products regardless of their size or older technology. Unfortunately all that usually seams to matter is Cat 1 approval and a low cost.

I assume that when you say more "advanced" you mean more convenience features as little can be done to improve the effectiveness and reliability of a modern "Cat 1" alarm except perhaps addressing the issue of Key Theft.
With the introduction of the Sigma S-Series onto the 08MY Subaru's hopefully you'll be able to just activate the unused features within the standard Subaru S30 system.

On the subject of which, the S30 is considerably smaller than the AI606, uses the latest technology that will go into the next generation AI606, has a comprehensive number of inputs and outputs (including remote start - although it will render the Thatcham status void), accessory sensor sockets to plug in optional dual zone & single zone sensors (with built in pre-warn facility for dual zone), Key Theft Protection feature and is currently available.
Tomorrows AI606 today - I'll wait for the orders to roll in

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 13 June 2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12 June 2006, 05:02 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Nationwide feedback from our authourised dealers (both Toad and Sigma) usually puts cost foremost.
You would seem to be in a fortunate, but unussual situation. Nationally a more expensive product, no matter how well specified, would not be welcomed and we would lose sales to cheaper products regardless of their size or older technology. Unfortunately all that usually seams to matter is Cat 1 approval and a low cost.

I assume that when you say more "advanced" you mean more convenience features as little can be done to improve the basic "Cat 1" alarm except perhaps addressing the issue of Key Theft.
With the introduction of the Sigma S-Series onto the 08MY Subaru's hopefully you'll be able to just activate the unused features within the standard Subaru S30 system.

On the subject of which, the S30 is considerably smaller than the AI606, uses the latest technology that will go into the next generation AI606, has a comprehensive number of inputs and outputs (including remote start - although it will render the Thatcham status void), accessory sensor sockets to plug in optional dual zone & single zone sensors (with built in pre-warn facility for dual zone), Key Theft Protection feature and is currently available.
Tomorrows AI606 today - I'll wait for the orders to roll in

SS
Thankyou
Old 13 June 2006, 04:15 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Sigma Sam you will be suprised the amount of people that want clifford on their vehicles & are willing to pay the extra to get it. I guess its the name?

We do a budget Cat 1 for £195 but the Clifford C650 sells just as well if not better
Old 13 June 2006, 05:55 PM
Pauleds2
Scooby Regular

Mr Toad,
Great to know you are about in Leeds with great prices too.
I will be trying you out soon when my new car arrives.

Paul.
Old 18 June 2006, 11:10 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pauleds2
Mr Toad,
Great to know you are about in Leeds with great prices too.
I will be trying you out soon when my new car arrives.

Paul.

No probs

Ian
Old 18 June 2006, 07:02 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

Originally Posted by MotorGuard
Sigma Sam you will be suprised the amount of people that want clifford on their vehicles & are willing to pay the extra to get it. I guess its the name?

We do a budget Cat 1 for £195 but the Clifford C650 sells just as well if not better
I agree.

We have now moved almost all our sales over to the Viper range because they are higher speced and similar in price to the Toad Ai606. We have also moved all our trade customers onto the Avital Maxx 1 because the Toad is far to overpriced for what it is.
Old 19 June 2006, 10:59 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Originally Posted by evolutionice.com
I agree.

We have now moved almost all our sales over to the Viper range because they are higher speced and similar in price to the Toad Ai606. We have also moved all our trade customers onto the Avital Maxx 1 because the Toad is far to overpriced for what it is.
Thank you evolutionice.com. We also think that that the Ai606 is over priced for a standard Cat 1.