Notices

Black-jax

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2006, 12:51 PM
thedon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black-jax

with all this talk on scoobynet about people having their cars hijacked and/or stolen i would like to offer all those people unfortunate enough to have this happen to them my condolences.

after reading all the threads on this subject there are alot of people talking about how there now worried about this happening to themselves; i personally agree with the people that say enjoy owning your car and don't worry about these scumbags, after all that is what insurance is all about. i wouldn't argue with anyone who pionted a knife or similar weapon at me. it doesn't matter how much i love my car, it's certainly not worth losing your life over.

now i've woffled for a bit i will ask the question i actually want to know about which is this black-jax every one talks about. i cant find any info on it? can someone let me know what this is, what it does? how it works? and how much it costs?

regards
thedon
Old 01 June 2006, 01:06 PM
Vonzack
Scooby Regular

Do a search for Clifford car alarms, you should find all you need to know on there about it.

Generally people are reluctant to talk about what it is and what it does on this site, with good reason IMHO.
Old 01 June 2006, 04:02 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

The blackjax can work as a standalone system or can be incorporated with an alarm system The product is by clifford and very popular with the owners of scobby, evos and many other sport vehicles.

We have installed hundereds of these systems and many for scoobynet members on group buys. We do this system for members @ £150 fitted and we also do the Clifford C650 alarm system that has Blackjax as standard for £325.

Look at the llink below for futher info or contact us if you have any further queries.

http://www.clifford.com/g5/access/default.asp#blackjax

www.motorguarduk.co.uk
Old 02 June 2006, 08:34 AM
thedon
Scooby Regular

cheers for that mate
Old 07 June 2006, 10:59 AM
JJstiuk
Scooby Regular

I have the black-jax on my clifford in the scoob, wouldnt be without it now and will be fitting it in every other car i have in the future
Old 07 June 2006, 11:41 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Blackjax is the first thing we install on all our vehicles

www.motorguarduk.co.uk
Old 07 June 2006, 08:11 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Motorguard fitted Blackjax and a turbo timer for me linked into my Clifford. Top service and a great product. Been fitted over a year and no false alarms.
Old 07 June 2006, 08:13 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

another motorguard customer here, fitted said balckjacks to mine, great service awesome price (bought it in a group buy)
Old 08 June 2006, 10:17 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Had mine fitted by Car Stuff in Northwich last summer. A great pieace of kit
Old 11 June 2006, 11:53 PM
KK3960
Scooby Regular

Anyone know who fits these in the Manchester Area?
Old 12 June 2006, 11:40 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

go to www.clifford.com & find a local dealer
Old 12 June 2006, 06:21 PM
KK3960
Scooby Regular

Cheers !!
Old 12 June 2006, 09:16 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

talking about cars getting nicked, back about half year ago, was driving around with some mates, and noticed a evo in the bush, crashed, about half hour later on our return the same way back, we noticed 3 bodyworks vans, 2 toe trucks, one van blocking the road. We were told to turn around by one of the guys, and that the road was closed. My mate wondered why 3 bodyworks vehicles would be collecting a evo that was crashed. 10 mins later the police arrive and grab all the guys out the bodyworks vehicles. Yep, they were nicking it. Its not ur average kid whos after a stereo and brakes ur window, but the bigger ones with the vehicles and equipment to dissmantle ur car and make it dissappear!
Old 26 June 2006, 10:13 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

what motorguard dont tell you is that the system is cr4p, the switches go on them after about 1000 miles, as has happened on mine, this is normal apparantly, so i was told, they are only a tenner to buy though, so thats ok then??? and they are the only part not covered by the warranty on the system, which in my eyes means they are perfectly aware how cr4p the switches are which is why they dont cover them. all youve gotta do is work out how many thousand miles you do per year and buy enough switches to keep you going at ten punds each, soon works out expensive i think youll find.
Old 27 June 2006, 12:24 AM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

Done 10,000 in mine no probs!
Old 27 June 2006, 09:06 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Originally Posted by wrxsti280
what motorguard dont tell you is that the system is cr4p, the switches go on them after about 1000 miles, as has happened on mine, this is normal apparantly, so i was told, they are only a tenner to buy though, so thats ok then??? and they are the only part not covered by the warranty on the system, which in my eyes means they are perfectly aware how cr4p the switches are which is why they dont cover them. all youve gotta do is work out how many thousand miles you do per year and buy enough switches to keep you going at ten punds each, soon works out expensive i think youll find.
Who says that the switches go after 1000 miles i have had the same switch on my car since my blackjax was fitted and have done about 12,000 miles. Yes the switches do go but all depends on how you use them i.e. how hard you press on them and a common problems is people pressing buttons with nails.

They are not covered under warranty because of wear & tear, same as remote fobs with alarms.
Old 27 June 2006, 08:07 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

i dont use nails on mine, and when i do use the switch it is always with pads on finger or thumb, i dont drive my car as a daily driver, as i have a company van, it is a toy for the weekends, so i dont do anywhere near the mileage that some people do in them, the switch on my system has gone in approx 1000 miles, the system was only fitted in january. when i rung the supplying fitter, they couldnt really be bothered by the problem, and their words were " bring it in and if ive got one lying around i'll fit it for ya", not exactly bending over backwards to help if you ask me. as with a lot of companies, happy to take your money initially and when it comes down to problems they dont wanna know. and by the way, i made an enquiry with clifford last night by email and got a phonecall today from some loser at gap security, he wanted to charge me £199.00 to come and take the damn thing out, thats £70 more than i paid for the whole system in a groupbuy organised at the beginning of the year, where do they get these idiots from.
Old 27 June 2006, 08:17 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

I have a Clifford 950 with black jax and turbo timer. I will never be without it from now on.

wrxsti280...sounds to me like you had one bad experience with one key pad and you have totally tarnished the complete system. This is very harsh.
Old 27 June 2006, 09:39 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScuuBdoo
I have a Clifford 950 with black jax and turbo timer. I will never be without it from now on.

wrxsti280...sounds to me like you had one bad experience with one key pad and you have totally tarnished the complete system. This is very harsh.
if it was as simple as being just the keypad i wouldnt be worried, but the whole system has packed up, intermittently, and guess what the supplying fitter doesnt want to know, i wonder who that might be?. the keypad started to play up a few weeks ago, and thought that i would be able to get a new one under warranty. anyway before i got the chance to get the car to be looked at the whole thing has packed up and rendered the car useless until somebody can come out and rip the piece of cr4p out of there.
Old 27 June 2006, 09:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

mines been in for about 4 or 5k and and looks as new still
Old 27 June 2006, 10:26 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

mine looks as new, it just dont work!!!!!
Old 28 June 2006, 10:18 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

if it was as simple as being just the keypad i wouldnt be worried, but the whole system has packed up, intermittently, and guess what the supplying fitter doesnt want to know, i wonder who that might be?. the keypad started to play up a few weeks ago, and thought that i would be able to get a new one under warranty. anyway before i got the chance to get the car to be looked at the whole thing has packed up and rendered the car useless until somebody can come out and rip the piece of cr4p out of there.
what is it doing/not doing ?
Old 28 June 2006, 10:24 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

and they are the only part not covered by the warranty on the system, which in my eyes means they are perfectly aware how cr4p the switches are which is why they dont cover them.
The clifford warranty is as follows:

All parts with the exception of the alarm brain are covered by 12 months warranty. This includes valet switch, remotes, siren, led, antenna, sensors etc.

The alarm brain is covered by a lifetime warranty as long as you are the original owner and you have a copy of your installation certificate/receipt

HTH.
Old 28 June 2006, 10:55 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

You should take it back to who you had it fitted from and tell them to sort it out.
Old 28 June 2006, 02:05 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

wrxsti280 - I had the same problems mate. the Blackjax had been fitted for a few thousand miles then started being a pain. First you'd put the code in and the led wouldn't flash to confirm you'd actually input it correctly. Thought the bulb must have gone but low and behold it set the thing off when I tried to move the car. It eventually reset and was ok until a recent trip to Powerstation...........

One of their guys pressed that hard on the keypad to get the code accepted it obviously damaged the pressure plate. Managed to get the car home and contacted the guy who fitted it. He sent me out a replacement key pad free of charge and I fitted it myself (5 minute job). Not had any issues since.

I'm going to get another replacement just in case this one gives up the ghost at any point. Told I might have to pay a tenner. If you want his details let me know via PM and I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Rob
Old 28 June 2006, 06:34 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
wrxsti280 - I had the same problems mate. the Blackjax had been fitted for a few thousand miles then started being a pain. First you'd put the code in and the led wouldn't flash to confirm you'd actually input it correctly. Thought the bulb must have gone but low and behold it set the thing off when I tried to move the car. It eventually reset and was ok until a recent trip to Powerstation...........

One of their guys pressed that hard on the keypad to get the code accepted it obviously damaged the pressure plate. Managed to get the car home and contacted the guy who fitted it. He sent me out a replacement key pad free of charge and I fitted it myself (5 minute job). Not had any issues since.

I'm going to get another replacement just in case this one gives up the ghost at any point. Told I might have to pay a tenner. If you want his details let me know via PM and I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Rob
cheers for that mate, this is exactly the position i'm in at the moment, think the lights gone bang and athe keypad dont work, and sometimes the code goes in but light dont flash and sometimes the light flashes but the bloody thing goes off.
Old 29 June 2006, 06:52 PM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

If ou both send me your details i will get you a spare at the cost price + postage

£7

Gav
Old 30 June 2006, 03:05 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

cheers for that evolutionice.com, but i managed to get it working today, dont ask me how, got in the car tried it and worked first time, and has done ever since. i just cant understand what was the matter with it.
Old 30 June 2006, 04:30 PM
g5alive
Scooby Newbie

Hi, jsut bought a scooby, and cant find the answer anywhere. Does the concept 500 come with blackjax as standard. If so how on earth does it work?

Thanks

Dave
Old 03 July 2006, 10:53 AM
MotorGuard
BANNED

yes the c500 does come standard with blackjax. You will have a valet switch in your car with two little buttons where you have enter your unique code. The Blackjax maybe switched off at the moment so you need to really find the code for it.

Quick Reply: Black-jax