Notices

Sigma M30 Oversensitive Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2006, 01:02 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma M30 Oversensitive Alarm

I have a 55 WRX Wagon fitted with a Sigma M30 system.

The alarm has a habit of going off randomly. In the winter it would go off about 15 mins after parking up.

Now it goes off mid morning as the sun warms up the car. From a previous post Sigma Sam reckoned it was air movement setting off the sensors.

I followed Sams advive and inputted *17856*38# and sure enough the LED flashed 16 times so I then inputted *17856*20*55# as advised but the damn thing keeps going off.

If you read this Sam can you give any other advice. Is there any way of reducing the sensitivity or permanently disabling the ultrasonics altogether, cos the neighbours are not happy and the wife wants me to sell and buy a Ford Focus Estate as they don't do this apparently
Old 16 April 2006, 06:42 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

Sorry i can not offer any advice on how to fix the alarm, but if it was my car it would be at the dealers and they would be sorting it m8
Old 16 April 2006, 08:15 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Mine kept going off for no reason, Subaru just reset it no more problems
Old 16 April 2006, 11:33 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

gubby, you have a PM.
Unfortunately not all dealers have the same levels of alarm knowledge.
Give me a call on that number to discuss the finer points of setting the sensitivities, counts and testing if the basic setting has not worked for you.
SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 16 April 2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 17 April 2006, 09:44 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Thanks 'Sam' for your reply and PM.

I shall try and call over the next couple of days.

I have overcome the problem short term by following the manual and disabling the Ultrasonics with the key fob and getting the 8 flashes instead of four, but as you know it reverts to normal next time you unlock it.

At least I don't have to stand outside restaurants and pubs waiting for it to erupt, or keeping a set of keys on the bedroom windowsill
Old 19 April 2006, 07:16 PM
Audiostar
Scooby Newbie

We've had loads of experience with Subaru Sigmas. My best advice? Forget it and get a Clifford (much better security). BUT if you do, make sure it's fitted by a professional. I would recommend a Concept 950 (Catagory 1) which should cost you around £650 if done correctly.
Old 19 April 2006, 07:19 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice m8 but i seem to have too much security already

Also having spent £350 already, I can do without a bill for another £650.
Old 19 April 2006, 08:09 PM
Audiostar
Scooby Newbie

Fair enough. If turning off the sensors helps then you may have an intermittantly faulty 'eye'. it's a simple job to replace both (you MUST change both) and your dealer should offer this. Sigmas are supposed to self adjust their volumatic sensors (to allow for slightly open windows, vents etc.). If altering the sensitivity does not help then get the ultrasonics checked or changed.
Old 19 April 2006, 08:30 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Audiostar
We've had loads of experience with Subaru Sigmas. My best advice? Forget it and get a Clifford (much better security).
Old 20 April 2006, 09:25 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by Audiostar
We've had loads of experience with Subaru Sigmas. My best advice? Forget it and get a Clifford (much better security). BUT if you do, make sure it's fitted by a professional. I would recommend a Concept 950 (Catagory 1) which should cost you around £650 if done correctly.
Mmmm.... that will be why we have been supplying OE equipment to Subaru UK for 8 years now and the reason the factory now consult with us on the design of their new models. Our systems must be very poor and our experience somewhat lacking!

Do you perhaps supply and fit Clifford systems and may be pushing a sale here? Your advice certainly souinds a very expensive solution....

Give me a call gubby, I'm sure we can resolve this with some adjustments over the phone.
SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 20 April 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 25 April 2006, 05:35 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by gubby
I have a 55 WRX Wagon fitted with a Sigma M30 system.

The alarm has a habit of going off randomly. In the winter it would go off about 15 mins after parking up.

Now it goes off mid morning as the sun warms up the car. From a previous post Sigma Sam reckoned it was air movement setting off the sensors.

I followed Sams advive and inputted *17856*38# and sure enough the LED flashed 16 times so I then inputted *17856*20*55# as advised but the damn thing keeps going off.

If you read this Sam can you give any other advice. Is there any way of reducing the sensitivity or permanently disabling the ultrasonics altogether, cos the neighbours are not happy and the wife wants me to sell and buy a Ford Focus Estate as they don't do this apparently
My alarm did this for a while and it was the ultrasonics, a quick fix though cos I found some duster fluff attached to one of the sensors. This fluff was moving about the the air and setting the thing off.
Have you checked for fluff?

dipster