Notices

Help, RAC Trackstar problem

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2006, 10:06 PM
Benno2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, RAC Trackstar problem

Picked up my new car from the dealer yesterday and rang RAC Trackstar to do a check on the way home but was told they couldn't track the car. They've ended up checking the system again this morning and were able to locate the car. They're saying I must have been in a poor GPS signal area. Has anyone else had similar problems with RAC Trackstar?

I'm thinking of trying to get the system taken off and possibly putting on Tracker Horizon instead any views on if this is a better system?

On a positive note even though the dealer had nothing to do with the instalation as I'd organised it. They're customer support was fantastic, two sales people spent ages on the phones to RAC Trackstar and my insurance company to try and resolve things and sort out my cover. Even offered to pay for a meal out for me and the wife as "our car buying experience had been ruined" Would recommend CHAPMANS of PICKERINGto anyone and I'll definitely be making the trip from York to them for anything in the future.
Old 02 March 2006, 11:28 PM
fisherpl
Scooby Regular

Never had this with my Trackstar but it can happen in built up areas (not Pickering, eh?) and also if it had just been installed that day could have been a registration thing (?)

I have checked mine 5 or 6 times with them since purchase and they always know where it is.

If you get a mystery chime in the car at any time ring Tracksatar and ask for a remote test 'cos' mine suffered from this issue.

Tey don't work so well in multi storeys either!
Old 18 March 2006, 11:14 PM
onslow
Scooby Regular

I have checked mine 5 or 6 times with them since purchase and they always know where it is.
how do you check it???
do you phone them and they do it over the phone???
had one fitted to mine for a year now and have no idea if its working and as the yearly renewal is due would like to know its all ok
have you got the phone no. handy per chance???