Notices

Sigma remote code (Sigma Sam pls Help)

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 05:41 PM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma remote code (Sigma Sam pls Help)

Hi

I was so impressed with the sigma alarm on my scooby MY01, that when i needed an alarm on my Transit van it was a no brainer, so i have a 2:1 system (S32 or 34 can't remember) it has been fitted over a year without any problems but now every couple of days one of the 2 remotes looses its code, the only solution is to reprogram both remotes , is this most likey to be a faulty remote or low remote battery ?

TIA

Tim
Old 03 February 2006, 10:33 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

If the system is an S32 it will use the original Ford Transit remotes (3-button if I remember rightly) if an S34 it wiil have the black/graphite single button Sigma remotes.
Obviously, due to the ture of your problem, I'll need you to confirm which it is, as the fault could be with the remotes and the two systems switch in different ways.
SS
Old 05 February 2006, 07:41 AM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Its the S34 using the Sigma remote
Old 05 February 2006, 10:25 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Mmmm...the sigma remotes are individually coded and although they transmit an encrypted code, it is the alarm unit that "remembers" the remotes.

Do both remotes get the same amount of useage?
Have you noticed if it always the same remote that stops operating the system?

I would have suggested trying new batteries if it is the same remote, but the fact that it can be reprogrammed and starts to operate the system again suggests that batteries are not the issue.
If it were me, first off, try and identify if it is just one remote that stops operating the system, if so, mark it and swap the batteries with the other remote (or replace them) and see if it stops operating the system again. If the same remote continues to fail I would replace it.
If you swap the batteries and the other now stops operating the system it sounds like a low battery problem.
If the problem seams to effect both remotes regardless of the batteries it may be a problem with the alarm unit, although I have not heard of this before.

The S30 system, as the 2001 onward M30, is not susceptable to the Radio Lock-Out problem that could occur when earlier models where near a Tetra radio transmitter - even if this were the case you would find that neither remotes would work in a location, but then both would operate without reprogramming in another location.

Another point just to mention, are you reprogramming the remotes yourself?
If so, all remotes required to operate the system must be programmed during the sequence. If only the one remote is being rreprogrammed the other remote will be erased from the alarms memory.

Hope this helps identify whats causing the problem,
SS
Old 05 February 2006, 04:58 PM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help, both remotes get roughly the same use, it is only one of them that stops working and i have been reprogramming both the remotes, so i'll give the batteries route a try first.

Tim
Old 05 February 2006, 11:02 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

OK, let me know how you get on.
SS