Toad Ai606 - problems ??

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2005, 06:44 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toad Ai606 - problems ??

Help !!!

had to replace the battery in the keyfob off my Toad Ai606 alarm / immobiliser last week, but now find that the car will not self lock by use off the key fob alone. can lock the car manually with the key and then open it with the aid off the keyfob, its just the initiall locking mode that seems to have stopped working ??!!

have read the manual but can seem to work out how to rectify the problem. anyone help me out ??

feel sure the toad systmn itself is all okay and not faulty as such and that its the power down off the key fob to change batteries that has caused this problem.

the first thing that I did notice that made me realise that battery was dead was that one morning last week I went to unlock / dissarm the alarm as usual with the keyfob but nothing was happening, changed to the spare keyfob and worked straight away but obviously this battery having layen unused for a few years had past its sell by date !! the keyfob had to be almost touching the car to work so purchased a new battery and found the alarm systmn to be working all okay again, just the self locking feature which fails to work??!!

anyone ??
Old 02 January 2006, 09:46 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

sounds like one of 2 things. But it might be different depending on the year of the car.

1/ motor in drivers door isn't working properly. Is it making a noise like it's trying to lock?

2/ internal locking relays may have developed a fault OR the 12v+ feed into the locking relays for the lock wire may have dropped out.
Old 26 February 2006, 01:07 AM
alarm boy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by jono300
Help !!!

had to replace the battery in the keyfob off my Toad Ai606 alarm / immobiliser last week, but now find that the car will not self lock by use off the key fob alone. can lock the car manually with the key and then open it with the aid off the keyfob, its just the initiall locking mode that seems to have stopped working ??!!

have read the manual but can seem to work out how to rectify the problem. anyone help me out ??

feel sure the toad systmn itself is all okay and not faulty as such and that its the power down off the key fob to change batteries that has caused this problem.

the first thing that I did notice that made me realise that battery was dead was that one morning last week I went to unlock / dissarm the alarm as usual with the keyfob but nothing was happening, changed to the spare keyfob and worked straight away but obviously this battery having layen unused for a few years had past its sell by date !! the keyfob had to be almost touching the car to work so purchased a new battery and found the alarm systmn to be working all okay again, just the self locking feature which fails to work??!!

anyone ??
check fuses, there are 2 of them close to control box....
mick