Notices

Subaru fit Sigma M30

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 10:39 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Subaru fit Sigma M30

I've been offered one of these (second hand) but it doesn't have the instructions. Does anyone have instructions and is this something that I could fit myself? I'm normally pretty good with cars and wiring. If not how much do you think I should pay to get it installed?

Thanks
Old 09 December 2005, 12:09 AM
dannytwo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

paul
theirs someone on here, user name sigma sam.
he helped me with my m30

really nice bloke im sure he will help you out.

dannytwo
Old 09 December 2005, 11:47 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I've been offered one of these (second hand) but it doesn't have the instructions. Does anyone have instructions and is this something that I could fit myself? I'm normally pretty good with cars and wiring. If not how much do you think I should pay to get it installed?

Thanks
Really depends what comes with this second hand unit, how old it is, what it came off and what you intend to fit it to.

A complete kit should comprise of:
- M30 ECU
- Two Radio Keys
- Battery Back Up Siren
- Overide Keypad
- LED
- Pair Ultrasonic Sensors
- Wiring Loom

The main problem you will have is with the wiring loom:
If the system is from a 2001 onward Subaru, then the wiring loom for the alarm is integrated into the vehicle's dash loom, so will have been left on the vehicle.
If the system is from an older vehicle, then the loom may have been removed, but the once fitted the wire idents are cut from the loom leaving you 8 black wires!
If your vehicle is 2001 on, then it will simply plug into the existing harness, but if your vehicle is prior to 2001 then I would recommend a new loom. Although new standard looms are available from a Sigma or Subaru Dealer (SACC 3475 iro £11), due to the nature of the product (Thatcham Category 1) it is itended for professional fit only and the installation information is confidential and only available to our authorised dealers.

Although I'm happy to help with specific alarm issues, I hope you can understand why I'm not prepared to identify the funcion and location of all the wires (including the immobilisation circuits within the loom) as this would compromise security.

As a degree of programming would also be required to ensure the system is correctly set up for your vehicle, I would recommend that the you have the system fitted by a Sigma dealer, or at least someone familiar with the Sigma systems and their programming to avoid any future problems due to poor adjustment. An authorised dealer can also issue a certificate of installation that may be required by your insurance company to gain a discount.

With regard to how much to pay this is tricky. Most installers make more on the labour than the product, so having a second hand unit fitted may not save you that much money - and the dealer may also be reluctant incase the unit is faulty from the outset.
I would get a local quote to supply and fit a current Sigma Category 1 system (the S30) and then consider this against the cost of the M30 you have been offered, plus any parts you may be short of and have to purchase.

In addition to the warranty you would have on the new product, remember that M30 systems fitted to vehicles prior to 2001 can be susceptable to "Radio Lock-out" in certain areas.

Possibly not what you were hoping to hear, but I hope this will help you when considering the purchase.

SS
Old 10 December 2005, 11:13 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies The alarm was fitted to an 01 car but was fully removed. Apparently it's all complete apart from 1 fob.

The car I want to fit it to is a MY93 Legacy turbo if that helps, can anyone help please?

Thanks