Notices

Sigma m30 PIN

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2005, 08:31 PM
foresterbabs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sigma m30 PIN

I have recently purchased a 2000 X Reg Forester. It came complete with Sigma M30 alarm. I have only today figured out that I need a PIN code, but of course I have no idea what it is. No record in any of the documentation that came with the car. What can I do??
Old 18 October 2005, 08:48 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by foresterbabs
I have recently purchased a 2000 X Reg Forester. It came complete with Sigma M30 alarm. I have only today figured out that I need a PIN code, but of course I have no idea what it is. No record in any of the documentation that came with the car. What can I do??
Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

Instructions on doing this can be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subarutalk/viewtopic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Hope this helps.
SS
Old 18 October 2005, 09:38 PM
foresterbabs
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Cheers Sam,
That has helped. I have been able to reset the PIN as described in A. above. I do have a manual and I have downloaded the manual refered to in your link but was unable to find what I needed. But now I'm OK.

Another question now though. by entering the pin I am able to arm/disarm the alarm but should I be able to re-activate the immobiliser with the pin without arming the alarm first?
Old 18 October 2005, 10:17 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by foresterbabs
Cheers Sam,
That has helped. I have been able to reset the PIN as described in A. above. I do have a manual and I have downloaded the manual refered to in your link but was unable to find what I needed. But now I'm OK.

Another question now though. by entering the pin I am able to arm/disarm the alarm but should I be able to re-activate the immobiliser with the pin without arming the alarm first?
No, the PIN can only be used to arm and disarm the system, so if the immobiliser arms automatically (30 seconds after disarming the alarm if the ignition is not turned on), then you will have to arm the system with the PIN and then disarm it again.
Of course this is not necessary if using the Radio Key - if the immobiliser arms in this manner, then it can be de-activated by turning the ignition on and briefly pressing the Radio Key (the dashboard LED will flash as confirmation) and the vehicle can be started.

SS
Old 19 October 2005, 08:29 PM
foresterbabs
Scooby Newbie

thats great. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much
Old 22 January 2006, 10:56 AM
neilbywater
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

Instructions on doing this can be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subarutalk/viewtopic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Hope this helps.
SS
Thanks Sam option A sorted me out. Impreza UK 2000 AWD.