Notices

Selca Alarm Problem GT Auto Alrm

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2005, 01:30 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Selca Alarm Problem GT Auto Alrm

My Selca Alrm has stopped operating Central Locking and Indicators, The alarm siren goes off ok. Tried to Call the company that fitted it and they have closed down leaving me with a worthless warranty. Any hints or tips about where to check would be appreciated. The car is a MY98 Turbo 2000 Genuine Import.

Last edited by Tazz Kill Er; 23 September 2005 at 01:31 PM. Reason: incorrect title
Old 25 September 2005, 11:27 PM
naughtydog
Scooby Newbie

Sounds like a fuse has gone. Most alarms have a seperate fuse to power the indicators, some installers will also tap into this wire to power the central locking motor if the vehicle does not have remote locking as standard. If it's a 15 amp - uprate it to 20amp and it should be fine. It would be better to power the door motor from a seperate supply ideally.
It probably blew due to the additional door motor in the drivers door pulling a bit too much current - maybe the motor is a bit stiff??

Naughty
Old 27 September 2005, 07:49 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtydog
Sounds like a fuse has gone. Most alarms have a seperate fuse to power the indicators, some installers will also tap into this wire to power the central locking motor if the vehicle does not have remote locking as standard. If it's a 15 amp - uprate it to 20amp and it should be fine. It would be better to power the door motor from a seperate supply ideally.
It probably blew due to the additional door motor in the drivers door pulling a bit too much current - maybe the motor is a bit stiff??

Naughty
Cheers Naughty, Had to strip out dash to find the Fuse and it had fatigued not blown, it was a 15 Amp with a 20 amp alongside, didn't know what that was for so left it alone. All works fine now though, so unsure as to why it failed, if it goes again in the future i will know what to do.