Notices

MY05 UK Sti Trackstar NOT trackstar+?

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2005, 02:13 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 UK Sti Trackstar NOT trackstar+?

Hi all

Just got a new 05 Type UK STi from subaru dealer about 3-4 weeks ago. Was interested in getting the Safe Speed option and presumed that a new vehicle would have the trackstar+ package installed?

On contacting RAC Trackstar I was initially sent a Direct debit form to fill in. On hearing nothing for the past 2 weeks I have just been back in touch and told that the trackstar is a trackstar 2 Protector and cannot have the safespeed option put on?? WTF

Anyone got a UK car with tracker as standard and got the safespeed option, seems strange that a new car has older out dated equipment on it?

Anyone shed any light please, Cheers

Allan
Old 02 April 2005, 12:17 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

I was told by the dealer that they had trackstar+ but got my installation certificate through from trackstar yesterday and that says trackstar 2 protector inc BBU fitted, whatever BBU is?

True to form, trackstar site only mentions the plus option - no info on any other / cheaper / older system

Andy

Last edited by Apple; 02 April 2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02 April 2005, 12:24 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

just had a search around - BBU is Battery Back Up for if the car battery is disconnected it still works.

Protector option is for modern cars with seperate immobiliser circuits.

it isn't trackstar plus as I was informed
Old 02 April 2005, 09:49 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

yeah sux a bit that subaru put out of data kit on a new mota doesnt it... mind as long as it tracks I aint that bothered... get yours tested Andy if its not already been tested m8.

Mine is working fine... its to late if it goes walkies and its not working.

Allan
Old 02 April 2005, 05:49 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

I'm assuming (dangerous, I know ) that mine's OK as I had to ring up to check if the paperwork had been faxed through OK from the dealer over the bank holiday. Trackstar checked internally with the control room and said something along the lines of "It's all OK now" - I get the impression they only made it live when I rang up about four days after picking up the car and driving round in the meantime...

Andy