Notices

Can anyone please give me an idiot's guide to enabling Superlock

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2004, 12:56 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone please give me an idiot's guide to enabling Superlock

The owners manual states you put key into ignition position (position II), then press the immobiliser fob quickly, enter 9 on keyboard and turn ignition key back to off position. I've tried this but it does not work - I must be doing something wrong. The owners manual doesn't explain what status car/ignition is ion before you follow routine.

If for instance I have stopped where I want to park, and having turned off engine (key to ignition off position), what exactly is the sequence of events? Do I have to enable Superlock within 30 seconds of turning off the engine?

I have tried all sorts of permutations, including:

Standing outside locked/immobilised car, unlock using immobiliser keyfob, enter car, sit inside with driver's door open, put key in and turn to ignition on (position II), flip fob button (which puts car in locked mode!) and as quickly as possible enter 9 on keyboard, then rapidly exit vehicle and shut drivers door. The car doors are locked but you can unlock them again with the fob and start the engine without the alarm going off and having to enter the security code on the keyboard, so obviously I have not managed to turn on superlock.

Hopefully ,there is some kind soul out there able to give me an idiot's blow by blow - step by step guide - car is WRX bugeye (with what I believe is an M30 Sigma which was fitted as standard?) .
Old 27 July 2004, 07:59 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Mine works by:

Take key out of ignition. Insert key again and turn to positon 2 (you'll hear the petrol pump or something 'wwrrrr'. Press your key alarm button once, press '9' on the alarm's keypad and remove the key. Get out of teh car and lock the door by using the alarm button.

To check it's worked, try and unlock the door with the alarm button [on the key]. If it won't unlock, then superlock is armed. Open the door with the key, the arlarm will sound so type in your pin to stop it and the key will then start the car.

IMHO Subaru missed a trick here. Would be even more useful if you had an option to set Superlock and still enable the alarm button to turn off the alarm and open the door but keep the imobiliser active. Neighbours hate superlock when the alarm goes off at 7am on a Sat morning.
Old 31 July 2004, 12:01 AM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Definitley a good idea to deter the thief who likes to take your keys through the letterbox.
Old 17 August 2004, 01:02 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jmk
Mine works by:

Take key out of ignition. Insert key again and turn to positon 2 (you'll hear the petrol pump or something 'wwrrrr'. Press your key alarm button once, press '9' on the alarm's keypad and remove the key. Get out of teh car and lock the door by using the alarm button.

To check it's worked, try and unlock the door with the alarm button [on the key]. If it won't unlock, then superlock is armed. Open the door with the key, the arlarm will sound so type in your pin to stop it and the key will then start the car.
Thanks for that - I finally fathomed it.. and it works. When I couldn't get it to work previously, the key must have been on a 'click-stop' position somewhere between position 0 or I and II.