Notices

Trackstar/Navtrack

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2001, 12:09 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I've been ringing insurance companies a lot on this recently. Mine insisted on a tracker device for business use but not for SDP only, they also only give discount for the active versions so that's worth bearing in mind.

For an idea, my original quote (RAC) with tracker active (NAVTRAK) was for £1056. The final quote from A-Plan with tracker active is for £798. Not too bad eh?

Also, if they deny NAVtrak it's worth making a fuss. It is thatcham approved, just their databases don't have it. I got it referred to an underwriter and they were fine.

Hope this helps

Laurence
(Green MY98 5 Door turbo, 17" Speedline wheels, RAMAIR filter, Magnex back and centre)
Old 02 July 2001, 11:01 AM
steve99
Scooby Newbie

Question

Bought a my00 last week and I've been having a great time. Then I started reading this forum, and now I'm paranoid!

I've just got the standard cat1 alarm, so I'll need a tracker device for my insurance renewal as well as my own peace of mind. I've checked out the websites for both navtrack and trackstar, and as far as I can tell there's not much difference apart from the price (navtrack is a bit cheaper).

What's the favourite, and why? I would go for the proactive/24 hour guardian version of either...

cheers,

Steve
Old 02 July 2001, 03:24 PM
steve99
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by lpitt:
<B>Hi,

I've been ringing insurance companies a lot on this recently. Mine insisted on a tracker device for business use but not for SDP only, they also only give discount for the active versions so that's worth bearing in mind.

[/quote]

Sounds interesting. I changed the car on my existing cover when I purchased since it only had a couple of months to run, and I'd already broken the bank to pay for the damn car anyway! I'll be renewing in September. My current insurer (Admiral) say they don't care if a tracker is fitted, but the others who I phoned for a quote did, and the price difference was a good few hundred pounds.

I didn't ask what types of tracker they required, but I'll do this now. Assuming they'll give a discount for either however, I was wondering if there's any practical difference between navtrack and trackstar apart from the price. Anyone had a bad experience with either? Is the response centre of one better than the other? Who has the biggest keyfob??

cheers,

Steve
Old 02 July 2001, 10:41 PM
GMT
Scooby Regular

There's quite a bit of info here :