Notices

Clifford intellivoice, any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2001, 02:21 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have just looked through the latest Clifford brochure and seen the intellivoice exterior sensor that tells people to **** off if they get too close to the car

Has anyone got one of these and does it really work in the real world. Just thinking about when people and animals walk past the car, does it set it off ?

Cheers

Nathan..
Old 05 June 2001, 10:58 PM
GMT
Scooby Regular

I had this on my previous car as part of the concept 300 G4 system.

Overall pretty good, but they use a bit of a cheesy american voice. Also people walking past the car too close do set it off. Trouble then is loads of people look at your car, and little kids then take great pleasure in repeatedly walking past the car to make it talk to them !

It does deter people from breaking into the car though .. I had a few close encounters where I am assuming cos the alarm warning went off they ran off....

Graham
Old 11 June 2001, 03:54 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Wink

The G4 Intellivoice is a great bit of kit to have a giggle with, especially when you set it to German or Spanish, but the Intellivoice siren isn't as loud as it's predecessor's output, Sense & Tell. To be honest, even as a dealer, I'd just stick with a dual zone proximity sensor and it's external warn away sound. As you've mentioned, once the local kids find out 'it's that talking car' you won't get any peace
Old 11 June 2001, 03:59 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Just a thought though, when adding Intellivoice to a C300, you'll have lost the single-zone thatcham spec proximity sensor which comes with the C300, and then had the non-thatcham dual zone prox added. Strictly speaking, your system is no longer thatcham accredited any more. On the 500 and 600, the existing dual zone prox that comes as part of the spec is retained when adding Intellivoice and so doesn't affect it's thatcham status. Just thought I'd point that out.
Old 11 June 2001, 09:30 PM
GMT
Scooby Regular

I found this out after I had it fitted! The dealer "forgot" to tell me it may affect the thatcham status !

Oh well, thats for the new owner to worry about, not me

Graham