Notices

How do you tell which Clifford is fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2001, 12:20 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

You should have been given 2 remotes, yeah?. One one with the pics on the buttons, and the other is the master remote (16Channel). Try and remotely adjusting your sensor (Dual Zone Prox), also you should be asked to enter ya code each time you open ya door whilst the engine is running (BlackJack).

You should have also been issued with a certificate of installation stating the model.

Good Luck, hope you dont end up searching for the brain.

I had a Concept 600 installed last week as well.....excellent install, Got the 600 box and the instruction manual......Handy at 1st.
Old 10 April 2001, 02:12 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have had a Clifford alarm fitted, and I think that maybe have not been given what was asked for, so was curious as to find out if it says on the control box Concept 600 etc. Or is there another way of finding out?
Old 11 April 2001, 01:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easiest way to check which one is fitted is to look at the installation report that has been done along with the handbook you should have, and when you register it with clifford u will get access to other bits from clifford too but if the anti hijack is fitted then you have a 600, the 300 didnt have this as a standard feature

Tony
Old 11 April 2001, 09:51 PM
Lee.A
Scooby Newbie

Question

ACCORDING TO THE GUY WHO FITTED THE CLIFFORD TO MY SCOOBY "CLIFFORD ONLY MADE THE 600 SERIES FOR THE SCOOBY" THATS WHAT HE HAD ME BELIVE ANYWAY..

PROBABLY NOT THE CASE THO ?????????
Old 11 April 2001, 10:08 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

I used to work for Clifford Uk in the technical department and no the Concept 600 was not made for just the scoob.
There was a modified version for non Uk spec scoobs as they had very noisy electrics that could cause the processor to lock under certain conditions.

Dave
Old 12 April 2001, 01:02 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've got a Scoob with a Standard Concept 500, which is identical to the 600 (ie has BlackJax & Turbo Timer), the only difference is that it does not have the third immobilisation point(remote wireless fuel cut-off). This third wireless immobilisation is why a modified 600 was brought out for the Scoobies.

PS - For CAT 1 certification - BlackJax, Turbo Timing & Remote Engine Starting (if you have it) should be disabled (of course you fitter can always enable them once your certificate has been issued)

Additionally, if you had a dataport added you can connect a PC to the Alarm via the CliffNet Wizard & interigate & re-configure it.
Old 12 April 2001, 02:58 PM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by darms:
<B>You should have been given 2 remotes, yeah?. One one with the pics on the buttons, and the other is the master remote (16Channel). Try and remotely adjusting your sensor (Dual Zone Prox), also you should be asked to enter ya code each time you open ya door whilst the engine is running (BlackJack).

You should have also been issued with a certificate of installation stating the model.

Good Luck, hope you dont end up searching for the brain.

I had a Concept 600 installed last week as well.....excellent install, Got the 600 box and the instruction manual......Handy at 1st.[/quote]

Hi

How do you adjust the sensitivity of the Dual Zone Proximity Sensor? I have a concept 600 but was told this parameter is not user adjustable. I would like to increase its sensitivity.

thanks
Old 17 April 2001, 09:36 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ernie:
<B>
Hi

How do you adjust the sensitivity of the Dual Zone Proximity Sensor? I have a concept 600 but was told this parameter is not user adjustable. I would like to increase its sensitivity.

thanks[/quote]

Taken from Concept 600 Installation manual:

Sensor Adjustment Electronically Programmable Proximity

Since any metal objects above or near the Proximity Sensor will have a significant impact on operation, warn your customer never to place coins, CDs, cassettes (due to the iron oxide tape) or other metallic objects above or near where the sensor is mounted.
1. Turn off any fluorescent lights that may interfere with the sensitivity testing of the Concept 600's radar sensor
2. Disarm the system with the remote control.
3. Transmit channel 16 on the master remote (LevelShift three times, then button 4). You will hear one chirp and the LED will turn on.
4. Test the Proximity Sensor's primary zone by rapidly leaning through an open window into the passenger compartment. You will hear a siren chirp when the primary zone is triggered. This should not occur near the window, but instead when you would be in a position to touch the car stereo.
To change the sensitivity of the primary zone, press and release button 2 to increase sensitivity or button 4 to decrease sensitivity. To rapidly increase or decrease several steps, press and hold the button. For each sensitivity increase, you will hear a higher and higher pitched confirmation chirp, For each sensitivity decrease, you will hear a lower and lower pitched confirmation chirp. Two Loud Chirps indicate minimum and maximum settings of the 12-step range of settings. You may now press button 3 to adjust the warning zone, or press button 1 to fully exit the Proximity Sensor adjustment mode (you will hear 3 chirps).
To change the sensitivity of the warning zone, press button 3 (you'll hear 1 chirp). Then use the same procedure as above, but this time, rapidly bring your hands and face to the window as a thief would to see what's inside. The sensitivity of the warning zone should be set so that it is triggered when your face and hands are within a few inches of the window, no further. When clone, press button 1 to reselect the primary zone (you will hear 2 chirps), then button 1 again to fully exit Proximity Sensor adjustment mode (you will hear 3 chirps).
5. Repeat the preceding steps as required. An improperly adjusted sensor will cause the Concept 600 to false alarm or not respond properly to a genuine threat. Keep in mind that you may need to reposition the sensor, possibly after the customer has had the system for several days

Remote-Controlled Override of Each Proximity Sensor Zone

Transmitting channel 10 at anytime from the remote whilst the system is armed will override the warning zone of the Proximity Sensor. This, prevents the system from sounding warnings if the vehicle must be parked in an area with heavy pedestrian traffic. A second transmission of channel 10 anytime afterward whilst the system is still armed will override both zones of the Proximity Sensor. This comes in handy when a pet or a passenger must be left in the vehicle. The channel 10 warning zone override is visually confirmed with 4 flashes of the indicator lights. A second channel 10 transmission to override both zones is confirmed with four more more flashes. The sensor zones are automatically restored the next time you arm.

Old 17 April 2001, 05:18 PM
Rajd
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info Chris. The exterior proximity sensor on my car is so sensitive, it scares passers by! Will trying changing it today.

Cheers

Raj