Notices

non working alarms

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2000, 09:42 PM
Darren McGuinness
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

had a strange encounter in rawtenstall last night.parked the motor turned off, got out to goto video shop.damn car would not set on the alarm fob, never mind left the better half on guard duty.one vid later car wont start nor lock, bugger all in fact.keypad over ride did noy work. called 080, 1hr later muckanic turns up,damn car starts.car to dealer today, he say it common prob and is linked to proximity of police station, taxi firms etc.no cure yet. any body else had same fault got a cure?
Old 18 October 2000, 08:43 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

It could be that you're near a big transmitter of sorts, like the police station or, more likely, a mobile phone base station.

Check that the battery is good in your key fob. My friendly installer recommends putting the key fob under your chin (actually touching your chin) and trying that.

Believe it or not, I have seen it work. Strange but true. Your body acts as an arial, or something like that.
Old 18 October 2000, 08:22 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

as already stated, most common is being very close to a telecomms transmitter.

This happened to Steve Lawson in Wallington and to me in Holland both with Clifford alarms. In holland, you could see many cars broken into in the locality as owners couldnt arm their alarms

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 18 October 2000).]
Old 23 October 2000, 10:11 PM
Darren McGuinness
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

cheers for the ideas, the dealer(robinsons) has checked all and has said under torture that they have had several cases as mine in the area, eg asda rochdale. no cure yet but he says that usually its the police stations that cause it and to try to park the car behind buildings to shield it.mdm
Old 24 October 2000, 02:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Aint had any probs with my scoob in that area, my sister lives up there and its never failed to lock??? what type of alarm u got darren Have clifford concept 600)??? Chairk is right about the body being a good conductor aswell
Old 24 October 2000, 11:00 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Darren

Perhaps those high speed roadworks last month loosened more than you wheel balance weights

Mick

PS look after that car I might want to buy it off you in a couple of years time if you keep it mint