Notices

Standard alarm on 99 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2004, 11:51 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard alarm on 99 Turbo

Ive not long collected my Scoobie and ive noticed the key pad inside the glove box. I asume its alarm immobilizer related ? Should i have some sort of code fo it as the only paper work i have for the alarm is teh cat 1 cert. Another thread seems to suggest that i can use it to change the settings on the alarm. If this is true can someone provide me with a list of the options that i can change and how to do this. Cheers
Old 22 June 2004, 12:11 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Default Sigma Alarm System MY99

The Sigma M30 alarm system has many more features than you may be aware of. The standard Subaru fitted system has the majority of these features switched off for simplicity and to conform to European legislation. Just to let you know what can be done……..

User Features

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

Number
Function

Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)

Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)

Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)

Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by arming with the remote key).

Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)

Turn off auto-lock

Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
(Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)

Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
( Note: This will contravene current legislation)

Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts

Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.

Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)

Programming a New PIN Code:

The standard PIN code can be changed following the sequence below:
i) Type in to the keypad **
ii) Type in to the keypad the “existing PIN code” then *
iii) Type in to the keypad 92 * “new PIN code” * “new PIN code” #

Programming Remote Keys to the System:

Remote keys can be added or removed to/from the system following the sequence below:
i) Type in to the keypad **
ii) Type in to the keypad the “existing PIN code” then *
iii) Type in to the keypad 91 * “ the number of keys to be used” #
iv) Press the first remote key button until bleep sounds, release and press next key. Continue until all keys have been taught to the system. Note the maximum number of keys is 4 and all keys required to operate the system must be taught during this operation - any key not included will no longer operate the system.

Old 22 June 2004, 12:12 AM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Yes, you should have a 4 digit pin. Lets you change all sorts of options, auto-self lock, beep on lock, anti-hijack flame throwers
Sean me an email and I'll send you an attachment with all the info.my email

cheers
Sean
Old 22 June 2004, 12:26 AM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

I knew you wouldnt let me down. Better try and find out the pin. Whilst im at it.......What does the switch on top the the steering column do ? Its in the position where u would normally fing hazard lights !!
Old 22 June 2004, 12:48 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

don't worry if you don't know the PIN. Dealer can re-set it for you (with prrof of ownership of course!)

Max
Old 22 June 2004, 03:58 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

switch on top of steering column switches on side lights for parking.
Old 22 June 2004, 11:45 AM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

I love the way that you can customise everything like this.

Maybe its just me being sad!
Old 22 June 2004, 12:21 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Oh and be careful parking it near radio masts unless you have had the upgraded shielding fitted.
Old 22 June 2004, 12:24 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

Also worth having your PIN because if your alarm is anywhere as tempremental as mine (also a my99) then if your too close to a telephone mast, then you'll need the pin to disarm the alarm and imobiliser as your plinker won't be working

James
Old 22 June 2004, 11:16 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little_idiot
Also worth having your PIN because if your alarm is anywhere as tempremental as mine (also a my99) then if your too close to a telephone mast, then you'll need the pin to disarm the alarm and imobiliser as your plinker won't be working

James
Ill need to find out double quick. Dont want to get stranded. Started messing about with the alarm today. Thanks for the advice ppl. Now locks when i start the ignition and quite chirps when i arm/disarm.

Since you lot seem to know so much about the alarm. How easy would it be to connect up a total closure system ? Ive noticed that the sunroof closes itself when i turn off the ignition already.
Old 23 June 2004, 08:23 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

does your car auto lock after 45 secs? mine did but stopped doing it.
Would the tracker I got fitted affect it?

Ray