Clifford 600

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2004, 12:55 PM
Vonzack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clifford 600

Hi,

Anybody know how to tell a Clifford alarm that has been moded for an Impreza from a standard unit (serial numbers maybe).

Think I might have had the wrong version fitted.

Cheers.
Old 28 May 2004, 12:15 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only problem that the 600 had was on the classic JDM cars, the wireless immobiliser didnt work properly due to the noisy electronics, otherwise you shouldnt have any problems

Tony
Old 28 May 2004, 01:42 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
The only problem that the 600 had was on the classic JDM cars, the wireless immobiliser didnt work properly due to the noisy electronics, otherwise you shouldnt have any problems

Tony
and Clifford produced special modified units to deal with this. If you can get inside your brain it has different resistors iirc. I could take a pic of my old 600 as its out the car if it helps

the boys from Clifford technical will see this soon anyway and be able to tell you exactly what to check
Old 01 June 2004, 01:05 PM
Mark@Clifford/Directed
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by siwrx
and Clifford produced special modified units to deal with this. If you can get inside your brain it has different resistors iirc. I could take a pic of my old 600 as its out the car if it helps

the boys from Clifford technical will see this soon anyway and be able to tell you exactly what to check
The main problem is the locking up and spiking of the micro, this can result in any number of faults. The "WRX mod" involves removing the supply/regulator circuit and replacing it with greater filtration.

It is not just fuel guard issues, this is really just a bi-product of replacing all the supply circuits in the unit.

The unit should have a sticker on the underside of the metal box saying "WRX Moded" this is not always the case though it will have a red dot at the end of the serial number.

If you do not have any of these markings then you will need to have a moded unit installed.

Should clarrify
Old 07 June 2004, 10:47 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

My Clifford is working fine, thanks to Mark@Clifford/Directed.

Its got a sticker on it saying “WRX Moded”

With a nice clean feed and the plain view switch NOT mounted on the domed switch insert on the centre consol which can causes it to break up.

I can really recommend Clifford Alarms, I should know as I had three fitted in the first year of new car ownership.

Faults all down to poor installation, one of which being a non modified WRX alarm.

Stick with it, Clifford alarms are first class product.

Ajax