Notices

Toad AI606 Wire help (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2004, 12:52 PM
johnbb
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toad AI606 Wire help (pic inside)

hello peeps, heres my problem i've managed to wire up my toad alarm except all but this.

http://uploader.co.uk/images/toadpicture.jpg

the block with the blue and white tape before it... what does this connect to? i'm aware that this wiring connects to the ignition wires and i know which ones, but my wiring diagram dosent show this block?

can anyone shed some light on what needs doing?

cheers in advance
Old 09 May 2004, 08:50 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

you need to cut the block off then use the two wires in each tape for the immobilizer circuits and i quote
"black cables x4 (immobilisation wires)-identified as aloop, by tape or band at the ends.
for correct operation, at least one of the immobilisation circuits must be ignition live and live while cranking. cut each circuit to be controlled (check current rating if in doubt) and then form an immobiliser circuit by simply cutting each wire loop. connect one end of the cut wire loop to each end of the circuit you wish to isolate- polarity is not important. DO NOT MAKE IMMOBILSER CONNECTIONS TO THE NEGATIVE SIDE OF THE COIL. retape the harness so that the immobiliser connections points are difficult to identify. do not make connections at places that a theif could easily identify or access i.e do not make any connections close to the ignition barrel or in the engine bay next to the ignition coil. NOTE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO IMMOBILISE A PERMANENT 12V SUPPLY.
Old 10 May 2004, 02:09 PM
johnbb
Scooby Newbie

dude your a life saver! Thanks alot!

john!!