Notices

clifford 500 or 600

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 02:30 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clifford 500 or 600

I am going to have the 500 or 600 fitted but cannot really make up my mind which one to go for.
The features are the same for both with the exception of tilt & motion + wireless fuel imb on 600. The 500 has no tilt & motion senor, no fuel imb but has the glass/window sensor & obviously the price. I already had the 500 on the car when I bought & its been playing up Im not covered on warranty etc.
So going for a new one.

With the tilt & motion sensor, how much can it sense, if I was to kick the wheels would it sound the alarm or warning chirp etc.
If tried to shake the car would it sense. Does it have adjustable sensing levels etc. The main reason Im tempted towards the tilt & motion is that recently attempts have been made to removed my rear spoiler.
My old 500's dual prox seemed to work better only when passing the side of the car but not the rear?

Should I go for the 500 with extra's tilt & motion sensor or 600 with extra,s glass & window sensor.

How many of you out there have the 600 what are your thoughts

Thanks Ticky
Old 13 April 2004, 07:21 PM
pum
Scooby Regular

Post 500 or 600

HI M8
some ***** tryd to nick my boot spoiler early hours of monday morning
did not manage to get it fully off but still did a lot of damage and now need a new boot lid and spoiler,

have been on the phone with clifford direct and have hold them the story they recomended the 600 as it has the tilt sensor and the duel zone proxy sensor, your right in saying the proxy sensor mainly protect the sides but the tilt sensor detects any down force or lift on the car and sets the alarm off.

i now its pricey but i would go for the 600 as i have getting it fitted next week at home. comes with lifetime garranty and a number you call any time day or night if it goes wrong.
Old 13 April 2004, 09:56 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

Hello Ticky have you considered having it re installed ,most clifford faults are caused by poor installations not product fault.This would cost approx 250 to 300 quid depending on who you use including new looms.Then you could add a dual zone shock sensor for about 70 quid which would give a warning chirp on light body impacts and alarm trigger on heavy body impacts which would detect people tampering with the boot spoiler.The tilt and motion sensor is purely designed for detecting a change in inclination of the vehicle as when being jacked up ,not rocking motion or vibration,these cost about 100 quid depending the dealer.Its still nearly 500 quid but you get a lot of security for rather than 550 quid for C500 without tilt or shock or 650 quid for a C600 without glass tamper or shock.Also the clifford life time guarantee only applies to the main control unit and remotes,the sensors and siren only have a year.
Old 14 April 2004, 06:44 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Pum
I know how you feel but look at this poor guy. http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=318246.
Dave suggest the dual zone shock sensor, perhaps you should have that too?

Luddite Dave
My C500 came with the car hence no warranty etc, Ive even managed to loose the certificate.
Not only that I had it checked out prior to it completely failing, the glass sensor was duff, it main control unit had a problem with live or something that operates the doors locks etc. I inquired about refitting it about year ago, & it needed new loom plus there was no guarantee once it was fitted. So I just continued with it, having to maunally open doors with key, imb & arming/disarming worked fine. However a while back my car wouldnt turn over & after 4 weeks of not being able to find out what was causing this , I decided to remove the alarm from the equation & retry. Finally found it was the ignition switch. Reconnected the alarm but no joy lights flashing, warning beeps going off , not responding to fobs or valet switch. So I just removed it.
By the time I had to recover the car to a clifford dealer,repair main unit, sensor, loom etc the cost with be not worth it. Hence why Im going for a new one.
Thanks for info on the tilt & motion sensor, not what I really need.
The dual zone shock sensor sounds like what I need. Swinging towards the c500. Im sure if they try to recover/steal the car (tilt & motion) then the tracker should cover it.
Are there any issue with the wireless fuel guard on the c600, I cant find the thread now but there seemed to be some faults with it, or it could have been the one off occasion.

Once again Thanks Pum & Dave
Old 14 April 2004, 07:32 PM
pum
Scooby Regular

Wink

tricky getting the 600 fitted next week so only got to stay awake 6 more night's
Old 15 April 2004, 12:59 AM
new boy
Scooby Regular

pum..get a large dog...
erm you have that already!
ads
Old 15 April 2004, 09:39 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

The wireless fuel guard can have problems working on import subaru's due to noise suppresion problems which can stop the unit operating properly,clifford do a modified alarm unit for these models.Have you thought about sending your alarm control unit to clifford for repair which depending on faults found could cost between 50 to 100 pound. Also if you use a V.S.I.B registered firm to reinstall your alarm they will issue you a new certificate of installation. Hope this helps.