Notices

Whats best tracker

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2003, 07:42 PM
ashley wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all just got my new car STI 4 type R could anyone recomend whats the best type of tracker? and i live in notts so prefer one not to far away cheers ash.
Old 20 May 2003, 09:10 PM
Matt & his Scooby
Scooby Newbie

I think the "Tracker" units are pretty good as they are the original. www.tracker.co.uk

While on the subject of trackers I’m thinking of removing the Tracker from my new WRX order as I don't think I would want the car back after the thieving gits had their hands all over it. I know that a lot of insurance companies want them but dose anyone else feel like this?
Old 21 May 2003, 09:28 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These cars need a tracking unit, the best one is the one that gives you the best for your needs (ie Navtrak, RAC Trackstar, Tracker etc).
The best is debatable but Subaru UK fit RAC Trackstar to their upper model cars

Matt.....
So not fitting a tracker to your scoob and it gets stolen..... that leaves those theiving ****'s to do it again and again with people who think its a waste of time as they dont want their car's back (rather than add more security to deter theives in the first place ).
I personally would like to see this type of person get caught and sent down..... i dunno about you though as it seems you would rather they take your car and when you get the next one the take that aswell

Tony
Old 21 May 2003, 09:42 AM
fin
Scooby Regular

RAC trackstar can see you car in realtime whenever they want. I keep testing mine.
But with the likes of tracker monitor a police car bike or hele, must be within i think 14 mile of your car out of range and they cant find it, car parks bad weather and that stuff makes this distance shorter also you cant move any traker unit from your old to your new car but you can do this with a RAC trackstar. Also RAC trackstar works all over europe tracker dont.

I dont see because these were the first invented these are the best, What would you but a normal bag vac or a Dyson?

Old 21 May 2003, 11:09 AM
Matt & his Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Fin, I was recommended these units as the best from a car dealer so that is where I got the info, but you are probably right.

I agree with what you are saying about the thieving gits and maybe I should reconsider removing the unit from my order. Just the idea of getting back a stolen car and having to claim on insurance anyway doesn't appeal to me.
Old 21 May 2003, 07:37 PM
Rafique
Scooby Regular

Fin.

Tracker have extended their coverage to France now. This means that police cars in france are equipped to track a stolen car. Trackstar on the other hand can only see where your car is and have no system in place to liase with police in other countries and will therefore tell you where your car is. I would not want to drive around France or Spain looking for thieving gits speaking a foreign language. I found this out by speaking to a trackstar and tracker dealer.
Old 22 May 2003, 03:59 PM
striker66
Scooby Newbie

Wink

NavTrak covers 20 European countries for stolen tracking, full police liason and retreival!!!!!!
Old 26 May 2003, 05:37 PM
SUTTS
Scooby Regular

Local police here in Plymouth say trackster is best, only 5 mile radius for police cars to pick it up, and hopefully the thieves should not get as far as getting it abroad before the car is stopped. If they can ship it out before a tracker system can locate it, whats the point of having it?
Old 29 May 2003, 08:09 AM
triple6
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

So is Navtrack the best system? How much do they cost? Im Geting a Clifford 600 and some kind of tracking device fitted Saturday but not sure which one to go for.