Notices

Clifford Concept 300 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2003, 03:16 PM
Smooth Groover
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi, I know this web site is for Scooby Owners, but I have a '95 Vauxhall Astra 1.4i auto (well we all gotta start somewhere!) which I recently had a Clifford Concept 300 alarm fitted to. I have asked for help on MIGweb (Vauxhall version of this web site) but no-one can really help there, and I thought I might ask here as there seems to be lots of people on here that know about Clifford alarms. There are two problems:

1. If the alarm is immobilised only (as opposed to the alarm being on AND being immobilised), and I turn the key to the ignition then disarm the immobiliser, the 'S' light on the dash flashes (which when that happens in normal circumstances means there is a fault with the auto box or a related component). If I turn the ignition off then on again, it doesn't flash, and I can start the engine and drive away fine.

Why does it do this? (BTW the 'S' light only comes on the dash when you press the Sport button on the gear lever).

2. My main problem is that the alarm goes off of it's own accord, I noticed that it has gone off when the weather is really hot outside, and on three occasions it went off at about 6am (when it's really cold outside). The alarm installer said the sensors in the car detect heat basically, and that things like flies/spiders/whatever wouldn't set it off.

Is this true? Could this be related to the first problem (ie. does the auto box ECU pulse something when the ignition is off, therefore setting the alarm off)?

I have checked the fault codes logged on the auto box ECU, and there are two:

75 - transmission switch (low voltage)
76 - engine TPS load (signal incorrect)

The guy that installed it basically hasn't got a clue what the problem is, is he just cr*p or is my alarm faulty in some way?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sam
Old 28 April 2003, 01:12 PM
Smooth Groover
Scooby Newbie

UPDATE:

They sent out a different bloke to sort the alarm out, he said the first bloke didn't install it properly, cut the wrong ignition wire apparently, because when the immobiliser is on and you try to start the engine there should be no dash lights, but there were when the original guy installed it.

2nd installer said the reason why the alarm went off randomly was because the 1st guy cut the wrong ignition wire, and that the ECU apparently sends out a pulse every so often when the engine is off, so this is why the alarm went off and half the time I couldn't disarm it!

Hopefully my alarm is sorted now!
Old 28 April 2003, 08:01 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Hope the job's a good one !!

alan
Old 29 April 2003, 01:33 PM
Smooth Groover
Scooby Newbie

Me too! No problems so far, touch wood!!