Clifford Alarm Install - Assistance Please

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2003, 03:39 PM
MickyFinn
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello

My brother had the Clifford Concept 500 alarm installed in his car 2 weeks ago and he cannot arm it as

the exterior proximity sensor keeps triggering. We have reduced the range but then it wont detect

someone standing next to the car.

The car alarm installer (Croydon based) is not VSIB approved but that didn't worry him as they are well known to my father and reccommended. If Max lived closer to London then I would have had him fit it - I may pay him a visit when my Smart Roadster arrives.

I have some queries however...

- I asked them what they did with the old alarm which they sad they haven't touched as it will void the warranty etc..

Is this normal practice - Surely someone with a code grabber could disable the central locking by triggering the old factory fitted alarm. (It isn't a scooby btw.) I thought that it could also interfer with the new alarm.

- How do you connect the wires together when installing an alarm? Do you solder them or is crimping good enough?

- Should the Alarm Brain be accessible from the footwell? (under the dash)

- When Blackjax kicks in should the theif get locked in the car? Is this normal? (Not that this is a bad thing!)

- Can you change the siren tones?

- The glass break sensor doesn't seem that sensitive I'm also wondering if the Proximity sensor has been installed in the best postion?

- If someone reverses into the car (which happened recently <GRR> would the alarm go off or should he have the tilt and motion sensor fitted?)

I hope you can help - Don't like my Bro's new car left in valet mode and from reading regularly here I'm also concious about a poor quality install!!

Thanks in advance

Micky