Notices

Subaru Imobiliser / Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 10:32 PM
AlMur
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Guys. Three weeks ago I posted a question about an immobiliser problem. Thanks for all your helpful replies......the problem was immobiliser lock up when close to a radio wave source (Cop Station). I thought I'd let you know the outcome for me.

First move was return car to dealer (Lexus, Newcastle on Tyne) who sent it to the Scooby dealer round the corner. First "fix" was replacement key fob. Car returned to me.....still not right. No one could give me the magical PIN number to disarm the system. Car returned to Lexus / Subaru. After a bit of arm twisting, Subaru finally fitted a new Scorpion system.

Problem is finally fixed!! I can park anywhere now.

Persistance pays! An other feature that may have helped is the fact that I live near one police station and work near another (NO I'm NOT a cop!!!!) so I told the dealers that it was not acceptable owning a car which was going to let me down at home and at work (I also suggested that I would happily call Subaru assist twice daily to get me started at home and at work!!)

So guys if you've got the same problem go back to Subaru and INSIST on a proper fix!

Best wishes,

Almur
Old 22 April 2003, 08:46 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It amazes me that Subaru dealers don't know how to reset the pin code [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ... at least the few i've called about this.
Especially as i since found out from a guy on here that it can be done in about 30 seconds without knowing the original number.