Notices

Advice on clifford alarms

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2003, 09:06 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting my TVR next sat and need to upgrade the alarm and add remote locking to it- also want to get remote boot release fitted and remote start sounds like a laugh!

are Clifford the people to use or are there any better?

also, anyone recommed a fitter (a good one!) than can work in the Sevenoaks area?

Tiggs
Old 13 April 2003, 09:56 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Tiggs,

I have used 2 company's for Clifford alarms before, one in Croydon, and one in Sutton. If you want there details drop me a mail and I will get the contact details for you.

Ian
Old 14 April 2003, 11:31 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Angry

Be careful of Hyde Park Corner... I've had nothing but grief with them.
Had a Clifford 600 fitted to my car:
1) the guy fitted it outside in the rain, when Halfords arranged to have a garage ready for him, he never bothered to ask
2) he said the wiring in my passenger door was faulty, the alarm kept saying the door was open. Turned out his was misreading the beeps it give, it was actually saying the motion/tilt sensor was faulty.
3) speaking of which, after 3 visits their guys eventually found it was that that was faulty, replaced it. I rang up to arrange the call out and 1 of the time the guy never turned up, rang them to find out where he was and they said they don't know (duh - company mobile???)
4) a month later the siren speaker 'broke' somehow - no sound out of it. Their guy came out and replaced it, since then I've had no 'chirps' when arming/disarming.
5) guy came out about the chirps thing, apparently the other guy programmed it alarm wrong when changing the siren (???), need to arrange for ANOTHER guy to come out with the laptop and reprogram it.
6) Phoned them up to arange visit, said "I'm off on holiday in a weeks time is it possible to schedule it for then", "no problem they said, we'll ring you with a date". Never recieved a call back.
All of this in the space of 4 months.
I've since sold the car along with the alarm system fitted to it, and good riddence TBH.
The alarm was lovely when it worked, shame about the 'engineers' that worked on fitting/fixing it.
Old 14 April 2003, 01:01 PM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Remote start IS NOT THATCHAMS approved. But the Clifford concept 600 will do all you ask. It is a very versatile alarm, i have one and am VERY happy with it.

check out cliffords website......