Notices

Central locking gone hypersentive (solenoid/relay problem?)

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2003, 08:00 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This is bleeding annoying. Two days ago, all of a sudden, when I get into the drivers seat after unlocking, all three doors lock again.

I noticed that the central locking has become VERY sensitive. When in the drivers seat and door shut I just have to tap the lock and all three locks shut (thats if they weren't shut in the first place)

Not easy to describe, but is this a known fault (with a fix)?? I have a UK MY99.

********** Edited to say I can no longer get into the car using keyless entry - I have to dis-alarm and then open door manually using key************

[Edited by akshay67 - 2/26/2003 8:02:24 PM]
Old 01 March 2003, 09:06 PM
Wheelman
Scooby Regular

Question

I've got the same problem.
Old 02 March 2003, 05:48 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

If you have an older Impreza (up to about '98/'99) then to make your locking remotely operable via an alarm, an additional locking motor will have been installed in the driver's door to mechanically pull and push on the locking mechanism which in turn causes the car's locking module to operate the three other doors. If this additional motor's linkage isn't well adjusted, or it has slipped, it can cause the problems you've described.

Simply remove the door panel and have a look at this motor. It will have a bit of what looks like thick coat hanger wire connecting the end of its plunger to an existing locking rod connected to the door latch/lock mechanism via a little clamp. Undo the clamp and operate the door lock by hand, noting the rod's back and forth limits of travel, then pull the plunger of the lock motor in and out and note its limits of travel, and then simply reattach the clamp so that the locking rod's travel remains as central as possible within the lock motor's travel.
Old 10 April 2003, 10:15 PM
BAH
Scooby Regular

whats the best motor to use and best position to fit it....?