P1 Proximity Alarm setting

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2003, 09:38 PM
essexscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello
can anyone tell me if the proximity feature on the alarm on my P1 is part of the standard alarm? (i.e has the standard one got this feature or has it been fitted after). If its standard how can I turn this off? Can I simply key a number on the keypad Like the other features? I didnt get an alarm manual with it and its very annoying!

Thanks
Keith
MY01 P1
Old 11 January 2003, 10:07 PM
essexscooby
Scooby Regular

Ok mate,
Only just recently bought the car and havent investigated yet. I'll try and find out exactly whats on it and try and find this sensor

Thanks
Keith
MY01 P1
Old 12 January 2003, 12:26 AM
essexscooby
Scooby Regular

Doc,
How can I tell if its DEFINATELY an M30 I have? I've looked in the engine bay and can clearly see the Sigma siren bolted to the offside inner wing. but no model number (although theres a long serial number I can see) Also I have the OEM keyfobs which arm and Disarm it so i'm assuming this IS an M30? Would that be right? Also This microwave sensor you mentioned do i have to remove the complete center console to get to it? How sensitive should these be anyway? Mine seems to be set off by the wind and its not that strong at the moment.
many thanks for your help mate
Keith
MY01 P1
Old 12 January 2003, 08:39 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Being triggered during windy conditions would probably mean you have ultrasonic sensors fitted rather than a microwave sensor. 'Sonics can be upset by air moving in and out of vents etc, whereas a microwave sensor's RF field is impervious to moving air. If you have got 'sonics, they'll be the things mounted on each winscreen pillar that look like little microphones. As the Doc mentioned, unlike Clifford alarms, microwave sensors are optional on Sigma alarms. If you're looking for the model number of the alarm you have, it will be on the alarm' ECU which invariably is under the driver's dash.
Old 12 January 2003, 11:36 PM
essexscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys guys
Ive also noticed an extra sensor that wasnt in my MY00 its right at the top of the windscreen on the drivers side with a thin wire going to it could this be the ultrasonic sensor you mentioned? other than that i cant see any other sensors that wasnt on my MY00 (ie i can see the ones on the pillars but had those before). I'm taking the car to Subaru for a service so i'll ask them if they can shed any light on it.
Thanks again much appreciated
Keith
MY01 P1
Old 01 November 2003, 09:59 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Has your motor got a sigma M30 on it ???
If so it does not have prox as standard so it has been added have a look under the center console for a microwave sensor and turn it down a spot..
hope this helps.

Doc.

[Edited by doctor CLIFFORD - 1/11/2003 10:02:32 PM]