Notices

RAC Trackstar Protector

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2002, 12:35 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only had my Scooby for two weeks, but on Tuesday morning I went to start the car and the battery was flat as a pan cake and had a dead cell, so the AA come out and jump started it, I took it to the garage and they put a new battery in FOC, which was good service.

I've found now that sometimes esp. when cold the car takes a little more to start where as it use to start 1st time.

I'm just a little worried that either the tracker is duff or not been fitted properly and is sucking too much power.

The car is a completely standard MY98 2000 Turbo AWD

Just wondered if any one had any ideas or comments

For the moment I'm just gonna keep my eye on it but if it happens again I'll start shouting at GAP. Or am I being over paranoid and the reason the engine takes a little more to start is the fact its cold.

Thanks alot

Dan
Old 16 November 2002, 11:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Oh..... you mentioned GAP...
I was going to suggest how you actually start the car normally (ie foot on clutch, turn on ignition, wait a few secs then start engine) but that company you had your system fitted with doesnt agree with alot of people there is a thread on here about a clifford installation with the same people, i personally would go to another dealer and get your system checked out just to be on the safe side.

Tony