Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

[Edited by uk_turbo - 9/8/2002 5:56:15 PM]
Old 31 August 2002, 10:05 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Smile

THERES ONLY ONE GOOD CLIFFORD DEALER MOTOR-GUARD BUT WE ARE IN BIRMINGHAM 01213591617 AND WE DONT CHARGE RETAIL PRICES IE CONCEPT 300 275 QUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01 September 2002, 06:34 AM
uk_turbo
Scooby Regular

Bit to far thanks.
Old 01 September 2002, 08:17 PM
NICKBG
Scooby Regular

Sorry for hijacking this thread - but Doctor - how much for a concept 600 ???

Cheers
Nick
Old 01 September 2002, 09:27 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

c600 on a scooby with rear window lift as well as front 500 quid
Old 20 September 2002, 10:01 PM
NICKBG
Scooby Regular

Doctor,

is the c600 the one to have ? or should i consider something else ? ie any lower spec models ?

Do you only fit at birmingham - or do you do a mobile service ?

Cheers
Nick
Old 20 September 2002, 11:06 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE?

THE C300 IS AS SECURE BUT IT HAS NO BLACK JAX OR WARNAWAY

TRY THE C500 (NO TILT) BUT IT HAS GLASS BREAK!
OR TOAD C5 (MUCH CHEAPER) 225 + DOOR MOTOR IF NEEDED 250
Old 20 September 2002, 11:15 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Be warned, there are some real ***** around calling themselves Clifford Installers.

It cost me £150 to get mine reinstalled after a **** company installed mine and made a real pigs ear of it, also screwed up my ICE install (£350 to reinstall).Plus damaging my £32k brand new STi in the process.
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Ask for references and always make sure they are VSIB compliant (not a 100% guarantee tho).
Old 21 September 2002, 01:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Uk turbo, where abouts in the UK are you??

Tony
Old 21 September 2002, 03:26 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Not to sure how to take that???

I,ve been fitting for 14 years though take that how ever you want!
Old 23 September 2002, 10:23 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Be aware - The dealer "Motorguard" advertising in this list of messages is not an authorised Clifford dealer. You pay for what you get - the installs are s... I would have them an alarm on my mates RS turbo so no-way on something decent !!!
Be aware !!
Old 23 September 2002, 10:32 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Reading the other threads, "Doctor Clifford" is associated with the shower from Motorguard - the NON-AUTHORISED Clifford dealer. Remember there is no come back via Clifford when the alarm system is purchased from these types of "dealers".
Old 23 September 2002, 02:17 PM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

A VSIB approved dealer garentees nothing.

If I was looking to have an alarm installed,I would go by word of mouth and then contact the alarm manufacturer to find out if they are an authorised dealer.

At least then if anything goes wrong you can go direct to the manufacturer who will be interested to hear that a dealer is not installing their products to the required standard and something will be done about it.

I'll tell you a little story.

A few short years ago, I was working for a non VSIB dealer although we were approved dealers for all the manufacturers we sold, installing audio, security, central locking, electric windows, sunroofs and more. We had quite a few customers coming in who had recentley had Clifford alarms fitted by another dealer about 10 miles away. These customers were all asking us to take a look at there alarms to find out why they were playing up or not working. Some of the installations we saw were terrible.
All we could do was show the cars owners what we had found and tell them to go back to the dealer to have the problem/problems sorted. We couldn't touch the alarm because we didn't want to be held responsable.
One day a bloke brought his and his girlfriends cars in to us after paying this dealer to fit Clifford alarms on them both. I checked out 1 while a collegue looked at the other, what we found was disgracful so we decided to call Clifford whos local rep happend to be nearby so Clifford got him to call in on us and take a look at these 2 cars. To cut a long story short, Clifford made the dealer pay us to rip the alarms out, supply new looms and reinstall them. Clifford then stopped the dealer buying and selling Clifford alarms. They went bust soon after that.

Old 24 September 2002, 09:50 AM
navigator
Scooby Regular

just one point. insurers often ask about the fitting of alarms like "was it fitted by an approved installer or vsib certified". so just be aware of that....guess it depends on who insures you and how much emphasis they place on alarms.Usually with a scoob you must have a cat 1 before they will give you a quote.
Old 24 September 2002, 06:58 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Orpington Car Stereo are authorised Clifford installers, and they proper ****ed up my 600 and my brand new STi at the same time, I have trading standards on the case now.
Old 25 September 2002, 10:43 PM
NICKBG
Scooby Regular

So if you know what you are doing - fit it yourself - then you know that a good job has been done..... I know you don't get your certificate, but you can get it checked at a local dealer for a small fee...

N
Old 25 September 2002, 11:17 PM
Lustral
Scooby Newbie

I had a Clifford Concept 300 fitted by R-Tec a few months ago. When I switch on the microwave oven it sets off the alarm most of the time. Have yet to ask Clifford, can anyone help?
Thanks.
Old 27 September 2002, 10:31 AM
chockymonster
Scooby Regular

IMHO Orpington Car Stereo are 'kin awful for fitting anything!
Deffo wouldn't trust them to install an alarm, they couldn't install my car kit properly!
Old 27 September 2002, 07:02 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

re; fastfox 13??
rs tubro?
who are you & if you had a problem with your alarm why have you not contacted me??
clifford dealer! your right we are not clifford dealers or the CITY OF BIRMINGHAM TRACKER DEALER or platinum toad dealers or sigma dealers or auto-watch dealers and wholesalers!
And between the 3 of us we havent got 32 years experence in vehicle security!
In fact we are a CAR WASH no PAINTERS AND DECORATORS

PLICK!
Old 30 September 2002, 09:27 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Looks like I touched a nerve "doctor Clifford". I am correct in stating you and your bunch are NOT A REGISTERED / AUTHORISED CLIFFORD DEALER and NEVER HAVE BEEN.

PLICK! !!
Old 02 October 2002, 02:41 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Easy way to solve this - phone clifford...
Old 02 October 2002, 02:56 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Red face

...one phonecall later.

Full list of authorised clifford dealers in Birmingham, as of 2 October 2002, 14:45 according to Clifford's helpline (0800 929 949, press 1 for sales)... :

Quicksilvers, Sparkbrook, tel 0121 773 7000
Midland Car Audio, Pershaw Road, tel 0121 459 3131

That's yer lot.

I explicitly asked about Motor Guard, and they've never heard of them and therefore explicitly said that Motor Guard are not authorised Clifford dealers.

Doctor CLIFFORD, If you are authorised, I suggest you contact clifford ASAP and bollock 'em, then explain to us what's happened.

If you're not, suggest you look at your position legally as you could be accused of false advertising, or passing off. Note that I am not accusing you of this, I couldn't really care less but just want to see and end to this name calling.

FWIW, there's not only "ONE GOOD CLIFFORD DEALER". I know of one absolultely superb clifford dealer (step forward maximum impact). And no, I'm not associated in any way with them other than satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 02 October 2002, 07:37 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

How many of you people bought your cars from subaru dealers?
If you didnt did they give you a warrenty ?
??????
Did they honour the warrenty?
yes
I have been fitting clifford for 10 years and i am still fitting clifford i employ 3 fitters ! in a new 6 car unit just outside the city center of birmingham
This ether means im ripping of every one who comes through the door or we do it right
Because otherwise i think we might have had a bit of a fire by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR ALL WELCOME TO COME DOWN FOR A CHAT
OTHERWISE GO TO AN AUTHORISED DEALER AND PAY RETAIL PRICES!!
Old 02 October 2002, 07:52 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

OK OK i'll tell you what

iv met DR Clifford at 2 scooby meets now. i will go down and see his place and give you all a feed back of some sort. i'll tell you all if it looks good or dodgy, to the best i can.
From what iv seen of him he seems like a good man.
Better yet Dr Clifford fit me a free alarm and i'll tell everyone if i was good or not

Why dont you become a register delear?

Ray
Old 02 October 2002, 10:19 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

I Have a small "In Car" business down in Swindon, That was established in 1992. Through dealer trips and having worked for several manufacturers previous I know many people. I have spoken to many people about "Doctor Clifford", out of curiosity alone and all have given the same response. These comments vary from menace at the politest to very rude comments. Are these fair I ask myself, or are these hard working guys just trying to make an honest living guv. Well "Doc", looks like you might of kicked off on the wrong foot here to me. There aint no harm in eating some humble pie and admitting you were wrong in coming out all guns blazing and saying daft things ("motorguard are the only decent Clifford installers"). True you may be able to warranty the Clifford system yourself, but if you're "********" alarms out for silly money you won't be in business in a years time to be in a position to offer ANY warranty. There are always going to be lean times in business and dealers who set out to win business by slaughtering prices in a desperate bid to get customers, will not have enough " meat on the bone" to get them through a difficult period, leaving their naive customers hung drawn and quartered !
Old 02 October 2002, 10:24 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

I Have a small "In Car" business down in Swindon, That was established in 1992. Through dealer trips and having worked for several manufacturers previous I know many people. I have spoken to many people about "Doctor Clifford", out of curiosity alone and all have given the same response. These comments vary from menace at the politest to very rude comments. Are these fair I ask myself, or are these hard working guys just trying to make an honest living guv. Well "Doc", looks like you might of kicked off on the wrong foot here to me. There aint no harm in eating some humble pie and admitting you were wrong in coming out all guns blazing and saying daft things ("motorguard are the only decent Clifford installers"). True you may be able to warranty the Clifford system yourself, but if you're "********" alarms out for silly money you won't be in business in a years time to be in a position to offer ANY warranty. There are always going to be lean times in business and dealers who set out to win business by slaughtering prices in a desperate bid to get customers, will not have enough " meat on the bone" to get them through a difficult period, leaving their naive customers hung drawn and quartered !

You aint been going long "Doc", but nobody likes to see people go down, so concentrate on doing things which are sustainable LONG TERM. Your customers are LONG TERM investments.
Old 02 October 2002, 10:25 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

You aint been going long "Doc", but nobody likes to see people go down, so concentrate on doing things which are sustainable LONG TERM. Your customers are LONG TERM investments.
Old 02 October 2002, 10:27 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Old 03 October 2002, 10:36 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Oh that clears it up then. You're not an authorised dealer, so Clifford won't back your warranty although from what you're saying, you'll back it up through your company. That's fine, that works, as long as everyone knows the score.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 03 October 2002, 02:10 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
This thread will now be locked as the confusion has been cleared up, and I am fed up with my inbox being max'ed out with RTM emails!

I won't even mention the fact about commercial advertising, but since I am on a roll.......NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING IS ALLOWED WITHIN ANY OF THESE FORUMS. If you wish to support both the community and/or scoobynet please email regarding a banner ad. Alternatively, get your products on Scoobyshop (banner ad in top right corner, for further info).

Regards,
Shaun.