Clifford Concept 300 -- no more beeps

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2002, 08:16 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My Clifford Concept 300 doesn't beep any more. At all
Siren goes off OK, but even the warning beeps (that you can't disable) don't sound -- so I know I haven't accidentally got it caught in 'silent beep' mode. It just suddenly stopped doing the beeps

In an attempt to fix it I tried programming it via the valet code switch, but it's quite difficult as it doesn't beep confirmation any more.

Any ideas?
Old 29 August 2002, 08:57 AM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hello Carl,

Bit of a coincidence but my Concept 600 developed the exact same fault yesterday! Arming/disarming does not produce any beeps from the car. If I enter the mode where you can change settings via the plain view switch, I do NOT get a confirmation beep to indicate that I am in that mode. If I attempt to change any settings (Blackjax on/off, auto locking on/off etc etc), I do not get any beeps to indicate the row/coloum I am in (the chart in the manual to work your way around the settings, if that makes any sense). However, when I exit this mode, I DO get three beeps as you should to indicate successful exit from this mode.

Everything else seems to be working as normal. If anyone could shed some light on this (Max etc) I would also greatly appreciate it, as its p1ssing me right off.

Cheers
Old 29 August 2002, 09:07 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Erk! I don't get any beeps at all
That's why I checked to see if the siren would go off (thought it had become disconnected or failed somehow).
Old 29 August 2002, 11:34 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Have you checked audible beeps are enabled ? It's in the matrix. Another undocumented one is 'Silent Night' which switches Beeps off. Someone must know the row & column numbers ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 30 August 2002, 08:07 AM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mark,

As far as I am aware beeps are enabled (I have not turned them off). However, the fact that I do not get any confirmation beeps when entering the mode to change settings makes it hard to carry out any changes. It is strange that I DO get three confirmation beeps when exiting the "changing settings mode" but do NOT get any when entering it, or whilst actually trying to make changes. So, the alarm itself is physicaly able to make the beeps, but chooses to do so only when exiting the "change settings mode", NOT when I enter it, attempt to make setting changes or when I arm/disarm the alarm via the remote.

Someone in the know (Max) must be able to help, please....
Old 31 August 2002, 09:45 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

CLIFFORD C300&C600 HAVE A SMALL WHITE 4PIN PLUG CONECTING THE SIEREN TO THE MAIN CONTROL BOX THIS CAN WORK LOOSE WHICH WILL SOMETIMES STOP ARM/DISARM CRIRPS BUT STILL ALLOW THE MAIN TRIGGER IF NOT THE SYSTEM MAY NEED RESETING TRY MOTOR-GUARD ON 01213591617
Old 02 September 2002, 01:38 PM
ernie
Scooby Regular

Question

Hello,

New development. Disarmed alarm last night (NO beeps) and went out in car. Arrived at destination, armed alarm and it DID beep! Alarm now beeps on activation/deactivation as normal now. I have not touched it or interfered in any way, so it has miraculously cured itself!

Still none the wiser..........

Trending Topics

Old 11 July 2003, 09:49 AM
badb0y
Scooby Newbie

Got the same problem, in the manaul it states that if the voltage on the horn is low then the alarm will bleep once only.
Trying to see if this is the problem I have.
I too could not do programming from valet buttons.
Did not get the beeps.
My car has been off the road so, wonder if the battery in horn is low and needs to get the charge back.
Old 19 July 2003, 09:10 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

If the problem is the arm and dis-arm chirps are no longer audible but the siren works fine when the alarm is set off - the problem is the internal batteries in the siren, they need changing ie new siren. If the siren is in warrenty ie less than a year old then take it back to your dealer. If over a year old the siren is no longer in warrenty and the replacement is chargeable. I have known people change the internal siren batteries themselves.
The siren needs sorting. If someone was to cut the power to your alarm system you would have no battery back-up and the siren will not sound.
I hope this helps.
Old 22 July 2003, 12:31 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

i had same problem.
went to local clifford dealer- siren was smashed to bits, (stone flying up from engine bay?) yet the car arms /disarms and alarm siren ifs fine. just doesnt chirp.

also check for water ingress around seals on siren unit.

(i have 600 btw)
Old 06 August 2003, 03:01 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yup, my 3.5 year old Concept 500 has just this morning developed the same problem.
I phoned the ever helpful Max Impact and he tells me that it's the internal battery in the siren that's failed. No problem thinks I, it must be a simple job to replace the nicads in there but no......Clifford use non-standard size batteries and the only option is a new siren at £80...what a ******* rip off

I don't care about the siren not beeping when I arm/disarm but it's a bit of a lottery trying to turn the blackjax on and off when you don't get any confirmation beeps.

I vaguely remeber a thread on here a while ago where a guy did manage to replace his own batteries but I can't find it now, if anyone has a link to it I'd be grateful.

Old 08 August 2003, 08:42 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,
"It's in the matrix. Another undocumented one is 'Silent Night' which switches Beeps off."
The Concept 300 doesn't have this hidden or otherwise in its matrix, it is only on the C600 and C500.
As a reply sent earlier you will find the reason for no chirps is the internal batteries in the siren are past there best and aren't holding charge. Arm / Disarm and some of the programming chirps are powered by the siren batteries. When the alarm is checked and the siren sounds it is because power for this is taken from via the alarm control unit.
Hope this helps.
regards.
Old 03 November 2003, 09:38 AM
badb0y
Scooby Newbie

I started to have this problem. Been to the installer 3 times.
Had the brain of the alarm sent away. Reinstalled still did not fix it.
They now put in a Brand new brain and the chirping started to work again. But this morning it stopped. Will check tonight but not looking good.

Why did it work with the New brain for 2 days before it stopped?

Thanks. Plus is there a way to test the siren batterys?
Old 03 November 2003, 06:00 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

i had this problem on my c600 tonight it just get worse 1/ funny smell 2/turn engine off alarm sound's 3/ car now dosent do nothing but sound when u open the door and flash it's lights at u constantly
pile of ****e a new one's £600 subaru are moaning about it but they sold me the car with it on so therefore they can fix it
Old 03 November 2003, 07:04 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

The arm/disarm chirps are controlled by the siren internally, whereas the alarm trigger is controlled by the alarm. Occasinally if the battery or alarm is disconnected it can change some of the programming settings, one of those being silent night. Because none of these alarms have the light sensor for silent night it thinks it is dark therefore does not beep. The only other possibility is flat battery in the siren.
Old 04 November 2003, 09:59 AM
badb0y
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Thanks, I am installing Cliffnet cable in the car when the post office sort themselfs out. Will then check if Silent Night is active.

Its a problem trying to change settings via the valet code as no beeping now. Have informed installer and will go and see them at weekend RE siren replacement.
Old 16 November 2003, 05:41 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Had my siren replaced at Max Impact a couple of months ago and it cured the problem. The alarm had been fitted about 3.5 years so if anyone has this problem with a similar age alarm it's probably the batteries.
I should say I have had no other problems whatsoever with the concept 500 fitted by Max when he was at Max Impact.
Old 04 November 2006, 09:02 PM
treacleb
Scooby Newbie

Default CLIFFORD CONCEPT 300 - simple instructions!!

Hiya,

I have the clifford concept 300 alarm. And my alarm no longer beeps! it used to beep when people were too close and when locking/unlocking! Someone did turn my sensor right up, but put it back to the right setting and still no beeps.

Can anyone help, Ive got a manual but I cant make head nor tail of it, and dont really want to pay out £50 incase its something simple....

My excuse is i'm a girl and the car came with the alarm - so please have sympathy!!

cheers!
Old 04 November 2006, 11:09 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by treacleb
Hiya,

I have the clifford concept 300 alarm. And my alarm no longer beeps! it used to beep when people were too close and when locking/unlocking! Someone did turn my sensor right up, but put it back to the right setting and still no beeps.

Can anyone help, Ive got a manual but I cant make head nor tail of it, and dont really want to pay out £50 incase its something simple....

My excuse is i'm a girl and the car came with the alarm - so please have sympathy!!

cheers!
Sorry, but I cant answer this query for u - but...
try asking in 'scoobynet general' -- u might get a quicker response

alan
Old 10 November 2006, 07:15 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Contact your nearest dealer. you can find them by using the search on the clifford website.

Unfortunately Scoobynet have now banned all the guys that used to give out help and information.
Old 10 November 2006, 10:10 PM
jd
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...light=no+chirp

Had this problem on my 600 for ages now, can't be ar*ed to fix it...
Old 11 November 2006, 07:30 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

From above thread

Originally Posted by EddScott
Disconnect the main car battery overnight and see what happens.

This cures mine and it now chirps once again. I've done this twice now when it stops so just keep doing that rather than start taking the siren apart etc.

I'm pretty sure it the battery in the siren - many people have said this. Don't know where to get the battery or how to change it. I just take off the +ve when I get to work and reconnect when I leave. Beeps again for a week or two then stops.
Old 12 November 2006, 05:06 PM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

the only reason they dont chirp is because the siren battery is dead,the way it works is the siren does the arm and disarm chirps everything else is generated through the alarm brain,if anyone needs a new siren to fit then selfs i should be able to supply a few aprox cost 40+p@p but will have to check
Old 13 November 2006, 09:55 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Would be interested as long as its not too hard to change the siren - won't bugger the system up completely.
Old 13 November 2006, 11:30 AM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

there easy enough,just a plug in unit all you have to do is find the brain for the alarm and unplug the old one and replace it with the new one