Notices

ANTI HIJACK SECURITY SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2002, 07:08 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Seeings as you guys seem to get the brunt of your vehicles being taken by force or with keys I thought that I would let you in on a new product now available in the UK which we have been offering to MLR members & GTR owners.

We own a Mitsubishi EVO6/Skylines (flame suit on) and were sick & tired of other members moaning about theft figures/security problems with their cars & contemplating tracking devices etc etc.
We decided to do something out it!
Tracking devices are good but what if the thief could not move your car in the first place or after being hijacked you could still see your vehicle, none of the usual 'used in high speed persuit' or 'yeh tracker got it back minus wheels interior etc etc'.

Our company, Sumopower Ltd, has become the sole UK distributor for a security device which has been available in the states for quite a few years now called The HOTSEAT(tm).

This is a stand alone device which needs no driver intervention (fully automatic) which will work along side your exisiting alarms/immobiliser & offers a well needed defence against the risk of being hijacked either whilst driving or with your car sitting on your driveway.
Because it uses two 'switches' there is no chance of someone else in your car setting it off whilst you are driving.

You will see this system advertised in the next issue of Banzai & Japanese Performance.

As fellow Japanese car club members we have agreed a discounted price for the clubs mentioned above & we thought that we would offer the same discounts to you guys too.

Anyone interested in more info please feel free to email us info@sumopower.com or give us a call, our number is 01795 668899.

We have ran the unit in our evo & skyline now for quite a long time & have been very impressed with its durability & reliablity.
Dont miss out!!!
Cheers
Japracer

Old 22 August 2002, 07:21 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

I think Clifford beat you to it by a few years

Tony
Old 23 August 2002, 09:04 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Dont dismiss it until you see it in action.
I assure you that this will be big here in the UK & loads less hassle than the clifford.

[Edited by japracer - 8/23/2002 9:06:39 AM]
Old 23 August 2002, 05:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

The Clifford hassle its no hassle at all (once you learn how to use it which takes no time )
So how much is your new unit going to cost fitted?

Tony
Old 23 August 2002, 08:33 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

RRP is £200 + vat + fitting.
Most of he guys who have it have paid between 50 & 75 for fitting by an auto electrician.
My approved installer based in Kent charges £50+vat.
We are running a discounted deal so any serious takers please e mail.

Thanks
Old 24 August 2002, 11:33 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

All i can say is that you will have to drop your price on that, a clifford anti hijack unit is cheaper than that (including fitting and vat) and unless yours does something the clifford's doesnt then your not really going to be competetive....
(and i have a mate who can definately tell you that the clifford unit works perfectly! )

Tony
Old 27 August 2002, 08:42 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have a clifford blackjax. Wouldn't be without it. Agree with you Tony. Mine....£160 fitted

What features does this new device have then?

Steve
Old 27 August 2002, 09:31 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

The system is totally stand alone & thereby adds an element of stealth to your car protection.
It works by way of a pressure switch which gets placed into the drivers seat & another feed taken from your courtesy light on the door.
Both feeds must be activated for the system for trigger.
This removes false alarms.
I take it that your blackjax is an add on for your existing system?
What if I dont have a clifford alarm?
Then it gets expensive.

The unit can also be used as an extra immobiliser so that if theives do get your keys/alarm fob without your knowledge, you will be awoken by the sound of your horn blaring on each attempt of starting.

As i said earlier this will be big in the UK, for those who do not have clifford systems,this is your chance to take advantage at a discounted rate.

Thanks for your questions & concerns.

Rob
Old 27 August 2002, 10:17 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rob,
yes it comes standard with some clifford alarms but you can buy it as a standalone unit (as you see its already undercut you by 100 quid).
It does work and it works very well (like i say ive a mate who can prove that when someone took his car keys) so its tried and tested.
Unless it has some amazing feature that the clifford doesnt (like frying the theiving g1t which would be a little illegal ) then you wont be competetive.

Tony
Old 27 August 2002, 07:35 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Tony
I dont doubt that the Clifford works well, it must do because plenty of people are using it, this is not my point.
Anyone who is a professional car thief will know the inside & out of most of the UK marketed systems.
This system has not been available in the UK before.
The stealth side of things comes into play because IF a thief has your keys & they have your fob they disarm the system.
Whatever the make of the alarm system, guaranteed these guys know all about em & will look for the various do-dads (technical term)
which can be used with that system.
The people who steal our cars are not just spotty faced hard up kids anymore, these guys steal to order or break/export.

We had an alarm on our Skyline (no names).
It went wrong.
An engineer came out to remove the old unit & replace it with another system (different make).
It took him minutes to remove the old system (he did not fit it) & have its guts all over the pavement, he knew it had that type of alarm & knew where the important bits would be.
If he can do it in minutes without the chance of getting his collar felt by PC Plod then how quick can the guy remove it under pressure.

I see this system as belt & braces for any situation, the price of such a thing is minimal compared to the safety of you & your family.
Even at 200 quid (which most of you will have excesses higher than that, I do) its a good deal.

Rob
Old 27 August 2002, 10:55 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

Rob,
Basically the second you introduce any new system into the uk a professional thief will get hold of it, rip it to bits and your system will be out of date within a week (well thats what your telling me )
Car alarms, anti hijack systems, tracking systems and immobilisers are the same thing, a deterrant, not a cure.
Even with your anti hijack system fitted they can still shove the car on the back of a trailer and drive it off? correct?
We also know that anti hijack systems are somewhat more complex than alarms so there aint no real comparison.....

Back to the main point though, we are in an age where most hijackings are done by amatures because they cannot get around the security systems, they need the keys to do anything as unless they are the .01% of car theives who can be called professionals (probably even less of a percentage than that) then they will find another way to bypass security (shove it on a trailer like i said before).
If your going to sell your system over here then you are going to have to seriously look at the cost of it, ie drop the price or else your competetors will just walk away with the market.

Tony
Old 28 August 2002, 02:44 PM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Another good selling point with the Blackjax is the lifetime warranty. I had a Vecta imobiliser fitted to a car way back when they first came out. After a year the Vecta broke down and I had to pay to have it removed and a new one installed at over £200 per unit I was not happy.
Old 28 August 2002, 03:18 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Smile

The system has a three year manufacturers warranty.
I have spoken to them & they tell me that the warranty records are virtually blank! no returns.
Back to Tony, you have missed my point re stealth & the car thief.
Unless you sing & dance about the system being installed on your vehicle, nobody will know you have it.
On the MLR, quite a few members have taken me up on the system.
They said about telling everyone about it, our survey said 'XXER'
No dont do it!
I am very happy that they are happy with it but then everyone will know they have it & anyone who wishes to take the car will know what it is.
Whilst this does not do me any favours with regards to marketing the system, it keeps the security at maximum.
I will have the details of the owners who have the system but we do not keep the reg numbers on file because this also adds to security.

There are no key fobs to identify that you have the system, no stickers, no singing & dancing its just there in the background.
I had the same question put to me on the MLR about someone rolling up & dragging the vehicle on to a trailer, they still have to get in & disarm your system, the immobiliser side of things is a bonus, HIJACKING is the main concern.

I am happy for you to keep firing your questions at me because you can only learn more info about the system & thats a good thing.

I logged on to your board to offer this to fellow jap car owners, I know there are other systems available & they are not my concern.
Competition is not my concern, there is no way I can compete with a multi billion pound company for advertising all I know is I have an excellent system which has been in production since 1997 & is still working well today.
I know this system works well, I spent 6 months researching its background, Price to me is a small part of the whole package, if something does what it says on the tin & I am seriously interested or want this thing I buy it.

Old 29 August 2002, 09:53 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rob,
as ive said before, even with the keys (keyfob etc) you wont be able to drive away in a car fitted with a Blackjax unit, it is descrete, it is 100 quid cheaper and does the same job.
That speaks for itself....
So now faced with the dilemma that you have 2 anti hijack units on the market, one costs 160quid all in, the other nearer to 300 quid.
I think i know which one i would be buying.

Tony
Old 29 August 2002, 10:15 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Tony
I take it you dont want one then?
Old 29 August 2002, 11:27 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL!
Rob if you dropped your price and made it competetive you would get more interest but most people know that they can get a clifford unit fitted for under 200 quid.... (and people also like clifford alarms of which one or two come with this device fitted )

Tony
Old 12 September 2002, 07:29 PM
Rafique
Scooby Regular

MOTORGUARD IN BIRMINGHAM DO A SYSTEM WHICH SOUNDS ALOT LIKE YOURS WORKING OFF A PRESSURE SWITCH @ £150 FITTED. THIS IS ALSO A STAND ALONE UNIT. WORKS LIKE A CLIFFORD BUT RATHER THAN ENTER A CODE YOU SIMPLY TOUCH WHERE YOUR SWITCH IS HIDDEN. CAN BE ANYWHERE(UNDER CARPET ETC. ALL INTERESTED MUST TRY THEM ON 0121 359 1617. THEY ALSO SELL THE BLACKJAX SO CAN GIVE YOU UNBIASED ADVICE.
Old 12 September 2002, 07:37 PM
Rafique
Scooby Regular

THIS SYSTEM IS NOT CHEAP. MOTORGUARD DO A SYSTEM WHICH SOUND EXACTLY LIKE YOURS @ £150 FITTED. THIS IS ALSO A STAND ALONE UNIT AND WORKS WITH A PRESSURE SWITCH. THEY ARE BASED IN BIRMINGHAM. (0121 359 1617)
Old 13 September 2002, 09:24 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Ok let me put in down one more time.
I am not saying that our system is cheap, I am saying its mega effective!!!!!
I have not even given the discounted price out yet so how do you know that it is not cheap.
I deliberately put the RRP price up to see if anyone is interested in the system, I did not post the discounted price because as far as I am concerned, if you want reliability & do not want your car to go walkies then you would be interested in getting a system & have a rough idea of what the RRP is, I did state that we would offer it at a discounted price for forum members.
I have this on my car, If you dont have this type of security then thats your call, I am sure that Tony will agree that you need something extra, regardless of make/model/COST.
I dont want to get into discussion about whos is cheaper, whos is best, see the system in action & then decide.
Thanks guys
Rob
Old 13 September 2002, 09:49 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Agree with you there Rob, so when are you going to do a group buy then?

Tony
Old 13 September 2002, 10:20 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Tony get me people & I will do they group buy no problem.
Old 13 September 2002, 06:44 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Group Buy is definatley possible.
Please add you name below if you are interested, once we have a number then we can fix a price which will be good for all involved.
Post away
Old 13 September 2002, 08:17 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

autowatch68hi??????????????????????????????? by any chance??
Old 14 September 2002, 10:49 AM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Hello Doctor Clifford
Afraid not.
Autowatch was one of the systems I evaluated, not happy with the overall performance & quality of the product TBH.
I still have a full system here in box with no home.
This system is called 'The Hotseat'.
Rob
Old 14 September 2002, 01:23 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Rob,

Two questions:
1) From your spiel, do I assume it doesn't rely on driver intervention (eg enter a code, press these buttons etc) everytime event x happens (whatever that event may be)?
2) You say about the device being a bonus immobiliser. Does it do like Blackjax and allow say 30 seconds motoring before it goes off? Would obvoiusly be concerned if it triggered immediately as you are then left with a very annoyed criiminal standing next to you.
I agree I'd rather not have "yes sir, we used the tracker, and found your car embedded in this lamp-post".
Will I commit to buying one of your things here? not yet. Am I interested in finding out more? Yes.
Old 14 September 2002, 02:13 PM
japracer
Scooby Newbie

Hades
1. Driver intervention is not necessary to set the system on event of hijack situation.
Everyday use you do not need to reset the system unless you have used it as an immobiliser.
Once the system has been triggered & the car has cut out, then you need to reset it.

2. The bonus immobiliser bit is exactly that a bonus to your existing alarm.
Hijacking will allow the vehicle to be driven for 40 seconds away from you, once immobilised it will not let the vehicle be started
so if it is on your driveway at night & someone has your keys/fob then they will not be able to start the car let alone drive it.

I see you are in kent, If you wish to email me you can come over & have a test of the system at any time which suits.

Testing is essential to see the benefits in full.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Rob
Old 14 September 2002, 02:57 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

I FIT APPROX 10 AUTOWATCH 68HI ANTI-HIJACK SYSTEMS A WEEK MAINLY TO SCOOBYS AND ROVER ZR,S
I HAVE HAD 2 RETURNS IN 3 YEARS AND THEY BOTH PACKED IN ON FITTING NOT OUT ON THE ROAD!!!
THIS SYSTEM WORKS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOUR SYSTEM
BUT WITH ONE EXTRA FEATURE!!!!! WHAT IF THE HIJACKER GETS IN THE PASSANGER SEAT AND TELLS YOU TO DRIVE
MY SYSTEM CUT IN WHEN ANY DOOR IS OPENED

AND ITS FAR CHEAPER!!
AND ITS AVALIABLE THROUGH A NETWORK OF DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
NOT JUST ONE!
Old 14 September 2002, 03:00 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE CLIFFORD BLACK JAX I HAVE BEEN FITTING FOR 14 YEARS I,VE SEEN MANY SYSTEMS COME AND MOSTLY GO BUT I,VE GOT BLACK JAX ON MY STI

THE BEST !
AND MUCH CHEAPER
Old 14 September 2002, 10:14 PM
uk_turbo
Scooby Regular

do you know where your caps lock key is???????
Old 14 September 2002, 10:51 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

QAZXSA NEARLY AASQZ\` got it tHiS GReAt fUn weEeEeEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply: ANTI HIJACK SECURITY SYSTEM