Remote starting scoobys :->

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2002, 02:53 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi Guys!!!!!!!!
i have just brought a remote start for my scoob!!!!!!! problem is it wont start the car with the sigma immobilizer!!! on the remote start alarm i have a wire that connects to the factory alarm to disarm the sigma b4 the car auto starts!! what i need to know is what colour is the wire that disarms the sigma without pressing the remote?? please could someone help me with this? is it poss?
cheers guys :->
Old 15 July 2002, 02:56 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Question

Err. there shouldn't be a wire that does this.

What remote starter kit have you got?
Old 15 July 2002, 02:56 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If it's a UK car, there is a transponder chip in the key, that disarms the standard Subaru immboliser!
Old 15 July 2002, 03:16 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

its a fm 200 pager remote start system which is supposed to connect to almost any factory fitted alarm/immob!!! looks like im unlucky with this one! think the only way im going to do it is to dis connect the sigma completely :-( unless anybody else has any ideas?????????????????????????????????????????????/
Old 15 July 2002, 03:21 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Red face

If you disconnect the Sigma, then the car wont have a cat1 compliant alarm system?!?! You have to tell your insurance about this as well. If you do this then the next problem is the transponder key as Andy has mentioned. I believe you can start the car without the transponder but will run for a few seconds before cutting out.

H
Old 15 July 2002, 03:28 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

its a 93 grey import fitted with the sigma 30 alarm! any ideas? please!
Old 15 July 2002, 03:39 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure if my comments apply to you then. I own a UK model.

I'm not too sure what sort of security was shipped from the factory for imports.

soz

H

Trending Topics

Old 15 July 2002, 03:42 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

None, as far as I know H.....
I have always been told they dont get alarms from the factory.
I have auto start on my car 95 STI, its through a Clifford 300 if thats of any use,
Regards,
Andyp
Old 15 July 2002, 03:45 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

Link the autostart system in after the immobilisation cuts.
Old 15 July 2002, 04:02 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

yeah!!! problem is i need to de-activate the immobilizer first b4 the car will remote start! with the FM 2000 remote start system i can start my car from up to a mile away! problm is! i have to be about 20 feet away to disarm the sigma immobilizer first! i need a way to link the 2 together so that when i auto start my car the Fm2000 disarms the sigmas immobilizer! the Fm2000 has this funtion but i need a wire to connect it to on the sigma so i dont have to use the sigma key fob! then when i activate the Fm2ooo it will send a current to the sigma to de-activate the immobilizer! any ideas?????////
Old 15 July 2002, 05:45 PM
n5pug
Scooby Regular

How about ripping out the sigma and fitting a cat 1 clifford alarm system, say the concept 600, as these can be rigged to "auto start" and still be alarmed and secure. Also it'll auto start if it's feeling cold or it's running low on juice in the battery.
pretty top alarm can almost make your tea in the morning
Ideas about the keyfob immob I cant comment on although I guess this would have to be de-activated also.
Old 15 July 2002, 09:59 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

IF you wire it in after the immobilisation points you will still be able to remote start it, but with the added security of still having the immobiliser on the car.
I used to work for Clifford Electronics in the technical department and that was one of the ways that we did it.
If the vehicle was under remote start and any1 touched the brake/handbrake etc the vehicle would shut down unless the key had been put in the ignition and turned to the ignition position.
If they didn't have the key they would then the engine would shut down and you would still have to get round the immobilisation.
Old 15 July 2002, 11:24 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Used to work for Clifford technical Brilliant......
How can I set my Concept 50 up for remote start/turbo timer?
Any pointers woud be great !!
Old 15 July 2002, 11:30 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Red face

Errrrrr.... public forum..... newbie post..... and someone's about to say how you disable the M30.....
Old 15 July 2002, 11:49 PM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys!! i really appreciate the help!! mccltd i wonder if you could help me out a bit more? your idea sounds great but i would not have a clue how to find out where the immobilisation points are and what the colour of the wires are! dont suppose you have an idea? Thanks!
Old 16 July 2002, 12:22 AM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yep!!! completely understand!!!! i dont know where else to go though! people keep saying "they wont help because its insurance approved and they are not supposed to give out that information" how can i prove to you that i am ligit? i live in the southwest! i had an MX6 which i brought the remote start alarm for and when i sold the MX6 and brought a scooby 93wrx Jap import that i paid £5850 for.I took the alarm and remote start off the Mazda and am attempting to put it on the scooby! with great difficulty!! Will understand though:-<, i will find another way or wait til i have been a member for a bit longer!
Old 16 July 2002, 01:38 AM
bobstersplace
Scooby Regular

Question

After messing about with the electrics under the dash the check engine light is now flashing! anybody got any ideas?????????/
Old 16 July 2002, 08:09 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Bobster,

If the CEL is on then you've probably done something to upset the factory ECU. You can take it to a dealer and they can put the Select Monitor computer on it and tell you what it's upset about or, I think that if you start and run the car 5 times without the error condition returning, it will go off by itself.

Also noticed that you've started this other thread ( http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=113530 ) asking the same questions! Why?

Cheers,

Matt
Old 16 July 2002, 08:31 AM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

With reference to help m8e, Unfortunately it's down to the original installer as to how he has wired the imobilisation.
Its Usually the crank wire and the ignition circuit thats open circuited and depending on the installer will depend on how well he has covered the wires tracks.
Unfortunatley after my experience of training many installers through out the UK most cuts are extremely obvious in an obvious place.
Your going to have to look in the most common areas and try to follow the wiring to work out what he has done and what is being immobilised.
Try to think logically and using your ignition key work out under immobilisation what is not happening to your car when you try to start it.
This with give you a big clue as to what has been immobilised.

Old 16 July 2002, 08:34 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I'll hazard a guess that you've connected together two black or green connectors under the steering column which is why your check engine light is flashing.

Re: remote start. Strictly speaking, anything (and I do mean anything) that interferes with the immobilisation of your Cat 1 alarm invalidates its thatcham approval. Your theft cover probably states that a thacham alarm must be installed and in use for theft cover to be valid.

Of course, how they prove this after the fact is rather different, but still take care with what you're doing...
Old 16 July 2002, 08:37 AM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

Cata,

With regards to the concept 50 and remote start/turbo timer.
First I think the C50 would have to go, after my knowledge with them.
It can be done quite easily but you will Wreck the Cat1 category check with your insurance company first.
A turbo timer is only a timed output from the C50 system holding a rely open which in turn supplies 12v to the ignition system, thus falsing the car into thinking the igntion has not been turned off.
Then after a period of time the timer will cease , the relay will drop out removing 12v from the igntion inturn causing the car to turn off.
It's also a good idea to use a multipole relay, so that when its on it also open circuits the orange trigger sensor wire of the Microwave.This in turn will prevent any vibrations of the car under the timed mode from triggering the microwave obviously when the relay drops out the orange wire is reconnected allowing the microwave to still work.
Hope this helps.

dave.

Old 16 July 2002, 11:43 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Can we keep this off the board please? I don't really want everyone and his mother knowing how to disarm my cars alarm thank you! If you want to help please do it by or email OR I suggest you go and see your local Sigma dealer

Cheers

Sal