Notices

Kames this Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2002, 04:16 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Still a chance to sign up for this fantastic event on Sunday.

Lots of fun driving your car on this twisty little off-road track, in the company of fellow Scooby owners (plus other petrolheads)

Dr Banks will be there with his Delta-ECU software, offering free logging and diagnostics for most Scooby owners, and re-maps for MY99/00 owners (you'll have to pay for these though!). An ideal opportunity to find out what state of tune your car is in, and what it's up to

Hope to see lots of you there:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W21532CE

It's on all day from 9am to 5pm.

Only £20 if you want to take part, and nothing to come along, watch and enjoy the atmosphere.

John
Old 24 May 2002, 04:59 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to be clear, I will not be offering actual remaps at the event - they are customised to your car and take 2-3 hours and have to be done in Dunfermline with advanced booking (I still have slots next week), but I can do logging on the day (free) and discuss any requirements for mapping with anyone interested.

I can datalog MY99/00 UK, STi 5,6,P1, WRX MY01/02, STi Type UK, STi 7 (Jap spec), Forester, Legacy (including B4).
Old 24 May 2002, 05:00 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Smile

John
Where do u sign up?
can u sign up on the day - would most likly arrive between 12 and 1...
Old 24 May 2002, 06:13 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Wasnt going to come along but if theres datalogging to be had then i might come

Any chance you could fit me in John?

Ian
Old 24 May 2002, 07:15 PM
ed_209
Scooby Regular

Wink

I will be coming along to get more tips from John and Co. Car (driver) still no ready to be let loose yet. unless someone would like to offer some lessons for a newbie.

Cheers
Ed
Old 24 May 2002, 07:20 PM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Why not, take it easy for a few outings, build up confidence and find the limits of the car within reason, you are welcome to come out with me as passenger, ok not a scooby but a turbo sierra
Old 24 May 2002, 07:27 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Ed, Kames is an oversized go-kart track (12ish feet wide) with only one car on track at a time so is as safe a place as any to take you car out, you'll be lucky to see more than 80 on the only straightish part of the track.
Go out for a couple of passenger laps so you get to know the lines. After that it is just a matter of taking your own car out and having a play, it is entirely up to you how fast you go.

Trending Topics

Old 24 May 2002, 08:07 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Agree with Neil and Robbie

I'll be there and you're welcome to come with me for a passenger run - can't promise anything spectacular though, and as I'm still a relative beginner, I'm certainly no-where near good enough to instruct...

Take your car on the track if you want to, don't if you don't - there's no pressure either way.
But if you do want to - Kames seems to be an ideal place to have a go for the reasons above.

If you're not fast - no-one cares - it's all about having a bit of fun, staying within your limits and being safe.

Hope to see you there....

Rich
Old 24 May 2002, 08:07 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Hope the weather improves as it has been pretty crap down here (about 20 miles from Kames) for days. Have just got a bullet camera and looking forward to trying some unusual mounting positions to try and get some interesting shot on Sunday. I have no photos of my car on track so if anybody gets the chance to take any I would be very grateful. I will have a digital camera with me so more than happy to take shots if anybody wants them. Looking forward to some passenger laps in some other cars. Should manage some in mine if anybody wants one and will just deduct 3 seconds off my time!

See you all on Sunday.

Cheers Iain
Yellow Lotus Elise S2

P.S. REMEMBER CRASH HELMETS

Old 24 May 2002, 08:14 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Iain

Saw your Elise last time (i think) - very nice
Would love a pax ride if you can fit me in...

cheers

Rich
Old 24 May 2002, 08:23 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

No problem Rich. Quite a few people have asked for passenger rides so please nobody think I am being greedy if I keep queueing up for runs. Of course if it rains then I will get plenty runs!

Cheers Iain
Old 24 May 2002, 10:26 PM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Hi Iain,

i am up for a passenger run, if you want how about a passenger run in a rare turbo technics twin cam sierra
Old 24 May 2002, 11:25 PM
colinjm
Scooby Newbie

Can you only go on the track if you get there for 9:00?

[Edited by colinjm - 5/24/2002 11:26:52 PM]
Old 24 May 2002, 11:53 PM
ed_209
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks to all who have offered passenger runs. I will prob take u all up on the offers. And if someone "game" enough to come out with me in mine thats minted. It's the Silver WRX wagon auto. The one with the scobby doo in the back. I talked to skyenet and robertio at the prev kames day. going anti clockwise and cross country.

Cheers
Ed.
Old 25 May 2002, 02:35 AM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Colin, send me an E-mail with your details (name and car). No you don't need to get there for 9am. but please let us know of your intentions, time wise.
Ed, it is as dangerous or as harmless as you want to make it, there is no pressure and its a great place to build confidence, you have a fixed track, acurately timed to test technique, line braking etc, and ample attempts. Plus no real wear on car, if you drive it in the correct fashion

so have a go