****ATTENTION ALL ABERDEEN SCOOBS****

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2002, 07:04 AM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello Aberdeen Scoobs. Hope all is well with you

After reading thread http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...ThreadID=88694and finding out there are quite a few Aberdeen Scoobs about, I thought a get together is in order as it seems very few of us have actually met.

[grovel mode]JohnS if you are reading this your help would be most appreciated as I have never organised something like this before. Thanks again for a great afternoon karting at raceland (March) [/grovel mode]

How does a blast out to Banchory and a meal at scott skinners sound? What would be the best day of the week? How about Sunday the 28th May?

What would be better lunch or dinner?

Meet up in Aberdeen somewhere and head out in convoy? Not sure of the route yet but I am sure you lot will come up with some interesting suggestions Would it be easier to all meet in Banchory at a set time?

I am not due home until the 19th May hence the late date in May. Wuz is also offshore, he has already said he is interested, along with Clubby.

Hope to hear your suggestions

Cheers

Martin

Edited as I re-read it and it did not seem quite right

[Edited by Infinity - 4/27/2002 9:15:57 AM]
Old 27 April 2002, 11:43 AM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Wink

I'd be interested but not Sunday 28th May.... 28th May is a Tuesday this year so you must be talking about the year 2007? *LOL*

Anyway, if you're on about Sunday 26th, I'm going to my sisters wedding (I'm not marrying her BTW) so can't make it.. The following weekend would be good for me though?

What is everyone else up to?
Old 27 April 2002, 11:45 AM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Oh, and i would be going to the RSOC meet as well but I'm going offshore that weekend.

Seem to remeber it was the same last year, was it something i said?
Old 27 April 2002, 12:05 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Doh!

Yes you are correct ricco the 26th is what I meant. Looked at the wrong month.

Great start Eh?

Cheers

Martin
Old 27 April 2002, 11:13 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Would do but I can't make it, got a wedding too! Will be down in Fife all that weekend.
Old 28 April 2002, 02:28 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Wel up for it! Let me know where and when and I'll be there!

Russell
Old 28 April 2002, 06:27 AM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for the replys

What about Sunday the 2nd of June then?

Are you going to be home then Wuz and Ricco? Is this a better time for you Miles?

Cheers

Martin
Old 28 April 2002, 09:10 AM
JohnS

Talking

Sounds like a good idea to me, but Banchory isn't much of a run unless, we go via thew Cairn O'Mount road etc.

Also, 26th May we are at Kames, and quite a few of the Aberdeen Imprezas (including my own ) will be down there.

2nd June is a possibility, but I've already got something pencilled in for that date, so I'll check to see if it can be cancelled.

As you have found out, there are quite a few of us who work in the offshore industry - some working on two weeks rotas, and some on three weeks. Finding a time when we are all available can be nigh on impossible, so the best thing to do is to meet up on a more regular basis. If you are onshore at the time and you can come along - great , if not, just wait until next time.

This year I've tried to keep events about 3 to 6 weeks apart where possible, so as to make sure as many people can make them as possible. Last year people on two on/two-off rotas either made all the events, or missed most of them.

As there are so many of us now who are interested in regular meets, why don't we set-up a monthly meet at a the same place and time every month. Probably a week day evening, such as the first Tuesday or Wednesday every month, at a suitable venue with enough parking, with food and drink available. It's something we've thought of for a while now, but there hasn't really been the level of interest to make it worthwhile, hence the ad-hoc lunches/photo shoots at Torry Battery every few months. If you can't make it to one, then you should be able to make it to the next. There's usually nothing good on TV on a Tuesday or Wednesday either (unless you like Eastenders, so no better excuse to get out and about).

We could also alternate the venue if required, as I know there are loads of owners out by Inverurie, and it's only fair that take a drive out to meet them every so often, rather than them coming to meet us every time

John
Old 28 April 2002, 09:37 AM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks John, I knew you would come up trumps.

So would a midweek blast and/or dinner be a better idea then lads and lasses? (Are there any female scoobs?)

Where is far enough out to have a good run, yet close enough to do on an evening?

Now I am completely stumped.

Good idea about a regular meet. Would a three weekly event tie in better with the offshore crowd? As you mentioned before John its a good excuse to miss all the soaps that are on the box.

Thanks again John for all your help and input. You have mail aswell.

Cheers

Martin
Old 28 April 2002, 10:57 AM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Midweek evening meet sounds good to me.... Regular meets would also be cool as, like John says, if you can't make it one time you may be able to make the next.

Let us know time and place... (thanks for doing the organising bit guys)
Old 28 April 2002, 01:53 PM
toby69
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi
This sounds good I can only make it to meets at the weekends or evenings hence the reason I don't make it to any of the lunch time meets John organized. So an evening/weekend meet would be cool.
See you all a meet soon.

Alasdair
Old 28 April 2002, 04:31 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Great thats one more to the list

Right then how far would each of you be willing to travel to a meet?

Has anyone an early bed time? (not trying to be funny. Early starts and other halfs to consider)

When do the day workers finish? Can you get off earlier on certain days?

If you would rather e-mail these times rather than advertise when your scoob is out and about, my address martinb1@lycos.co.uk

Hope to hear from you clan scoobies shortly

Cheers

Martin
Old 29 April 2002, 01:00 PM
clubby
Scooby Regular

I cant make Tuesdays, for about the next year - night classes at Uni, but can make Wednesdays nae bother. The odd blast over Cairn O Mount sounds brill, now there's a road for a Scooby - I suggest a Sunday would be better for that due to the distance involved.
I'll come whenever I can, like everyone else have commitments - baby/fiancee/job etc.
Old 29 April 2002, 01:07 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Clubby - no mention of the car being a commitment!!
Old 29 April 2002, 02:42 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi !

I'm oot Banchory way and I'm prepared to travel anywhere but can't commit to anything until the day before.

Count me in for anything and I'll do my best.
Old 29 April 2002, 10:45 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Totally agree with the regular evening meets - Quattro owners club meet in Cults every 4 weeks or so!

Monthly meet are a good idea - should be able to attend whilst the other half does housework (flameproof suit on and ready for the abuse!)

Russell

Back offshore 26th May (B######S!)
Old 29 April 2002, 11:03 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry John, can't make tomorrow lunch Got a meeting at work....