Notices

Trackhound scotland ??

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2011, 05:09 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackhound scotland ??

Any other Trackhound scotland fans on here ?? will be having my 2005 wrx blobeye mapped this year and been enquiring with a few off the more widely known / recommended tuners ie. Andy F / Trackhound and race dynamics.

given the choice would be happy to use any off the above three after hearing so many folk praise there work / end results but just a bit wary why there prices are so different, race dynamics are some £150 more than Trackhound for the same mapping, Andy F is £80 more than Trackhound.

any other trackhound fans want to come forward and convince me that this guy is worth giving the work to ??

at just £200 for an open source mapping seesion its certainly very well priced when compared to the others.
Old 18 August 2011, 09:47 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Never used him myself Andy's done my mapping for the last five/six years, can't say I've ever heard anything negative about him either, horses for courses and all that.

You pays your money you makes your choice .
Old 18 August 2011, 10:03 AM
olgert
Scooby Regular

A Guy i knew had his sti done buy trackhound and he was well happy with it . i was going to take me Classic 2000 there but i sold it . when i spoke to the guy at trackhound he was sound and had a good knowlege about the cars .

Andy Forrest is a well know tuner in scotland and people from england come up usually grups for remaps .

Depends on the budget as both guys are pretty good .
Old 18 August 2011, 10:34 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep no probs should have really said appreciatte that race dynamics will be more expensive than the others as there are obviously travelling costs.

but yep have to say from reading some info found on the net he certainly gets some very good reviews.

thanks
Old 18 August 2011, 03:18 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think unless you are going to track hound to save some cash then you would be mad to go to anybody else when we have one of the best subaru mappers in the country here in Scotland! ( Andy F )

I have used Andy 4 or 5 times and have always been more than happy with the results!
Old 18 August 2011, 05:08 PM
Sleiper STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by g7prs
I think unless you are going to track hound to save some cash then you would be mad to go to anybody else when we have one of the best subaru mappers in the country here in Scotland! ( Andy F )

I have used Andy 4 or 5 times and have always been more than happy with the results!

2nd that mate used andy few times now and spot on!!!
Old 18 August 2011, 06:06 PM
wrx kenny
Scooby Regular

I used trackhound once i had my forged 2.5 put in , got to say he was excellent, alistair came all the way from edinburgh to airdrie to put a base map on my car on a week night i dont know any other mappers would do that.
Once the car was run it went back to edinburgh to get re mapped properly , very knowledgable guy always keen to help and he sorted a few minor problems out for me . All in all i think i made 3 visits to him to get the car right with bhp and torque figures well into the 300s
I cant recommend trackhound enough and will use again once i put a 6 speed box and md turbo in next year.

kenny

Trending Topics

Old 18 August 2011, 07:09 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers kenny enough said !! now convinced !!
Old 19 August 2011, 05:08 AM
Martin0711
Scooby Regular

+1 for Trackhound, had the WRX mapped in feb this year and i was over the moon with the service from alistair.
all round top guy
Old 19 August 2011, 08:41 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate yep email sent to alistair at trackhound earlier on today to get some available dates for a remap.

thanks again,
Old 20 August 2011, 11:59 AM
kewe
Scooby Regular

Let us know how it goes buddy, hoping to get mines done soon as well.
Old 20 August 2011, 01:06 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep no probs mate will do. you on scottishscoobies ??
Old 20 August 2011, 10:39 PM
kewe
Scooby Regular

Sure am
Old 20 August 2011, 10:52 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay same name on there as on here, catch up with you again.

cheers.

john
Old 11 September 2011, 11:54 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin0711
+1 for Trackhound, had the WRX mapped in feb this year and i was over the moon with the service from alistair.
all round top guy
Okay cheers mate just recognised your car as a fellow fifer, lovely car mate always admired when I pass the front off your road !!

can I ask what spec off tune you are running apart from the remap itself ??

p.s Gave you a wave on Halbeith road just last week and you waived back- wrb newage wrx with sti rear spoiler, gold alloys.
Old 12 September 2011, 12:46 AM
Martin0711
Scooby Regular

Hi jono, thanks for the remarks on the car. I try to keep her looking good lol.

As for spec I have
Green panel filter
Sti oem dumpvalve
100 cell Hayward and Scott sports cat downpipe, straight through to an afterburner vortex angle exit and a
Walbro 225 fuel pump.

I think that's about it

On the road dyno was 274 bhp, and u instantly felt the difference .

When are you booked in to see alistair ??
Top guy by the way, could not fault him what so ever
Old 12 September 2011, 01:10 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Hi buddy thanks for getting back to me- small world eh ??!!! do you remember seeing me on Halbeath Road the other week ??

anyway not got a date set for alistair have emailed him a few times just waitting on getting my Scorpion decat pipe fitted and HRC 255 fuel pump which a guy up near Cowdenbeath is very kindly going to do for me, as soon as thats done will get a date togo over to see the man himself !!!

another newage owner running with an angles backbox !! was just saying last night on here that I did not think they done angled backbox for the newage !!!

got a Blitz nur spec catback on mine but do plan to remove and sell on early next year personally dont think its loud as no cats removed as yet with the rest off the system and bung still in place but would rather run a pipe without a bbung to reduce back pressure and being that I now want an angled back box it seems a good time to change !! not decided what to replace it with yet but will deffinatly be an angled back box style !!

you running the oe uppipe - okay for mot time ?? how loud is your system ??
Old 16 September 2011, 03:58 PM
sandymac
Scooby Regular

Default trackhound

mates blob eye sti was mapped by trackhound first class no probs wr1 booked 22nd oct.
Old 16 September 2011, 04:22 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep cheers mate certainly gained a good repuation has alistair !! as I say just as soon as this decat pipe / HRC fuel pump is fitted will make an apointment to go over and see him.
Old 19 October 2011, 04:26 PM
rosschalmers
Scooby Regular

I had never heard of track hound until this post, but after a bit of looking about found nothing but good reviews so though I would give him a go. Went over the other weekend and he did a brilliant job! felt like I was driving away in a different car!

My cars a 2004 sti type UK with a turbo back HKS exhaust, K&N panel filter and walbro fuel pump. His on the road dyno gave 282Bhp/290ftlb at 1.5bar.

cant recommend Alistair enough, all round good guy.

car mapped with two switchable boost levels and launch control for £250. thats good value for money if you ask me!
Old 19 October 2011, 05:27 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate appreciatte the great comments and yep now convinced that Alistair will be the man who gets my money in due course !!

see you also had the switchable boost option - do you use it ??!! and if so when ??
Old 20 October 2011, 06:00 PM
wrxcook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rosschalmers
I had never heard of track hound until this post, but after a bit of looking about found nothing but good reviews so though I would give him a go. Went over the other weekend and he did a brilliant job! felt like I was driving away in a different car!

My cars a 2004 sti type UK with a turbo back HKS exhaust, K&N panel filter and walbro fuel pump. His on the road dyno gave 282Bhp/290ftlb at 1.5bar.

car mapped with two switchable boost levels and launch control for £250. thats good value for money if you ask me!
I'm from Scotland aswell but haven't been in this section for a while, there's no doubt that £250 is a good price but the figures you stated above id be disappointed with, a 04 sti will be running a vf35 big injectors and the larger intercooler aswell as a 255 fuel pump so after a map should be putting out 340bhp, at first I thought you were playing it safe with those figures but 1.5 bars coming close to maxing out the Turbo, did the mapper mention how the Turbo was holding boost?
Old 20 October 2011, 09:35 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rosschalmers

If thats fly wheel figures seen people on here and sidc same mods produce like wrxcook says 340bhp or less and less boost .
Old 20 October 2011, 11:18 PM
wrxcook
Scooby Regular

Andy Forrest map on my03 wrx road dyno = 334/332 that's with the sti upgrades Turbo, injectors, intercooler and fuel pump at 1.4bar and id have expected the sti engine to make more, as I said above I wouldn't have been happy id have wanted my money back its barely mad more than you would get from a wrx ppp never mind a sti
Old 21 October 2011, 01:15 PM
rosschalmers
Scooby Regular

sorry for the confusion guys 282/290 is at the wheels so estimated to be between 340-350 at the flywheel so very similar figures to others mentioned.

jono -I use the switchable boost quite a lot, saves a bit of fuel on long journeys Bit of a strange way to switch between the two, get the car below 2k rpm in a high gear, foot to the floor on the accelerator and push the rear window heater button. count to three and push the button again then lift of the accelerator. job done
Old 22 October 2011, 09:22 PM
sandymac
Scooby Regular

Alistair at trackhound mapped my wr1 for second time 380 brake this guy is going to be one of the best cant fault the guy superb twin boost launch control 250 come on no brainer al the man
Old 27 October 2011, 04:29 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Andy F has mapped my road car several times and race RA more times than i care to remember and cant see why anyone would not use one of the best mappers in the business when he is right on your door step.
Old 27 October 2011, 04:31 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Ask yourself how many of the high powered Impreza's in Scotland are not mapped by Andy F?
Old 27 October 2011, 10:20 PM
sandymac
Scooby Regular

Default trackhond

every body has there own opinion, but if you dont give guys like Alistair Dinnis a chance, mapping will never move on . I agree nobody would doubt A Forest class but trackhound is becomeing one to watch just look at the posts on scoobynet.
Old 29 October 2011, 11:27 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Plenty on scottishscoobies !!

Quick Reply: Trackhound scotland ??