Notices

Some bad news

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2002, 12:44 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope I am not over-stepping the mark with the following information, but rather than mail people individually and missing someone out I decided to post here, so that everyone who needs to know is informed.

Many of you know John Gorman, Evo IV owner and Impreza Sti before that. He was at most of the events and attended the rolling road days on a regular basis.

Approx six weeks ago John was involved in a serious accident on his motorcycle which has left him in a poor state. He presently has a plate in his arm, hip and one of his legs along with pins. He has also suffered an amputation on his lower leg due to the severity of his injuries.

I'm sure you will join we in wishing him well and all the best on his road to recovery at this time, as I personally cannot imagine what he is going through.

Johns mail is johngorman1@hotmail.com
Old 27 March 2002, 09:49 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Folks my humblest apologies, I gave the wrong email address above its should have been johngorman123@hotmail.com

I know a lot of you have sent emails of support but unfortunately due to my error, he has not received them.

John called me earlier tonight and he is upbeat considering the extent of his injuries showing strong character to help him on the road to recovery.

He is looking forward to hearing from his friends and intends to make an appearance at an event in due course.

...John
Old 27 March 2002, 11:19 PM
dougies549
Scooby Regular

Lo John

I tried to sent John some mail but there seem's to be a problem with the second address.

If you are speaking to John would u pass on our regards to him and hope he make's a speedy recovery.

Dougie+Diana
Old 28 March 2002, 08:19 AM
John Gorman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi all. Well what can I say but thanks to John Phillips for puting this notice up on the board. Many thanks too to Brian Hunter for the visit he made to me and to the Scooby Community in general for the good wishes. Life just now is very very hard but I hope to be well enough phisically and mentally to attend a meet within the near future..

Many Many Thanks Again

JOHN.......
Old 28 March 2002, 11:31 AM
JohnS

Smile

John,

I was very sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident, but heartened by Brian's e-mail after he visited you yesterday. It was nice to hear that you are now out of hospital and being looked after well.

I'm sure that all the Scottish owners will want to pass on their regards and get well soon messages on here for you to read.

I hope you make a speedy recovery, and we'll hopefully see you along at some future events, even if only as a passenger to start with

Best Regards

John
Old 28 March 2002, 10:32 PM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

I spoke to John earlier today, and all things considered, he sounded pretty good.
He's now sold his EVO and has bought a BMW automatic. He also has a new business project starting up, and being car related, I'm sure he'll tell you all about it soon.

And I know that John has been keeping up to date with Scoobynet; so from everyone here; take care and we'll see you soon.

David