Notices

MY03 Subaru Impreza WRX

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2009, 03:19 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: MY03 Subaru Impreza WRX

I am selling my blobeye in WR Blue. I am the 3rd owner from new. It has 80000 miles on it. It was bought from SIDC member Irish Al pretty much 2yrs ago - After owning 2 FTO's for about 5yrs...I wanted to try an Impreza and bought Al's - the plan was to have one for 6 months or so just before I went all sensible and got a diesel- 2yrs later - I still have it and would keep it were it not for my financial situation! My wife and I are getting rid of both our cars and getting one between use for a while. So I would be interested in a swap or p/x on a good diesel estate.

Wheels and suspension
17" white Inovit Tarmac alloys. In the last few months I put on 4 Goodyear F1 eagles too. If you don't like white - a standard set of gunmetal alloys can be found easily on these forums
I have Godspeed Brake discs on the front and just put on some Kevlar pads in the last month too.
The car has Tein springs and OEM Shocks - rear ones were replaced about 4 months ago.
Front and rear strutbraces are fitted too.
The rear also has some Whiteline suspension parts (droplinks, ARB) to help handling too.

Engine
WRX 2.0 petrol engine and gearbox (5sp Manual) (Mapped by Andy F!)
Exhaust is a Magnex full 2.5" system BUT with a standard STi backbox. Both cats have been deleted.
Walbro Fuel Pump, Uprated Roger Clarke Motorsport Oil Pump
HKS Panel Filter.

Bodywork
Colour coded skirts and winglets.
Blob Eye headlights (de-tangoed).

Interior
Standard WRX
Extra gauges include Oil Temp/Pressure and Turbo pressure.

The car is a good driver (my daily driver) and pulls nicely through all gears. It has just had a full alignment from ProGrip as the back end was feeling loose - it turned out to be the tyres so everything is sorted now and it feels great again! I have receipts and paperwork for most things. The car has services at Hypertech and any work done apart from the Oil Pump was done either at Hypertech or SW Motorsport. Both respected Subaru garages.
The car is mapped by Andy F too and is run only on V-Power. It also had the cambelt done about a year ago when I had the oil pump changed as the belt has to come off anyway. We also did the tensioner pulley.
I'm happy to answer any questions, viewing is no problem but to test drive I would like proof of insurance!

Now to the bad points. To be honest it's nothing major! I had an incident with a cattle grid on a run and the front lip is needing repaired - I was going to hold off and sell once this was done but a few people said if I reduce my price by a decent amount someone may take this on and get it sorted themselves. I have 2 options - one is to buy a new bumper - the other is to get this one repaired - which is the route I am planning to take as it's literally just the bottom of it that was damaged. We have seen a car we want so I am just putting this up for sale now and seeing what happens. I have a bodyshop ready to sort this so it's up to the buyer if they want to let me get the work done or sell as is. The front passenger wheel has kerbing and the back bumper has a scrape from when the car spun (due to those tyres mentioned earlier!) It was a full 360 spin but I just bumped the pavement and scratched the alloy as well as damaging the exhaust. All of this has been posted on here and I just want to be open about the history! After this the new tyres were bought and the full alignment done - all suspension was checked and confirmed ok at Progrip so the car is fine as any check will confirm.

That's all then

£6000 as is or £6500 if I get the bumpers sorted. This is a very decent price for a good sensibly modifed WRX from what I have seen on forums and Autotrader.
PM me or call 07793 114 848 (no Canvassers or webuyanycar type calls pls)
The car is in Livingston/Broxburn.

Fancy pic me and a m8 did one night:

Another more normal pic:

The winglets:

Last edited by pmacFTO; 20 September 2009 at 03:21 PM.