Notices

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2009, 03:50 PM
Alex McC
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Hi folks,
I'd like to introduce my self. My name is Alex, and I'm from Ardrossan in Ayrshire. I've been married to Katrina since 1980 and I have three grown up kids, two of which still haven't left the nest. So we are a 4 car family.
My current car is a (2004) STi. I've had it for four months now, and so far its completely standard. Anne (my daughter) has my old car, a 1996 WRX import. I've had that car since 1999. I must have spent thousands on it, modding over the years, and just couldn't bear to part with it.
There's only room for one car in the garage, and its very seldom mine in there (damn kids).
Old 08 April 2009, 04:03 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

You should pop over to Subaru Impreza Drivers Club -> Scottish Scoobies, more action happens there than it does in this section on scoobynet.

Ricey
Old 08 April 2009, 07:54 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Alex and welcome to the club. Like Ricey says it can be a bit quiet in this section of the forum. Lots of information on here in the other sections but more Scottish goings on over on the SIDC.
Old 08 April 2009, 08:10 PM
S17 EDE
Scooby Newbie

hello Alex
Old 08 April 2009, 08:51 PM
RBGUS
Scooby Regular

Welcome along Alex
Old 09 April 2009, 11:38 AM
Alex McC
Scooby Newbie

Cheers guys, I don't get on the computer much. We didn't have computers when I was growing up so I don't know much about them. I just really use it for buying stuff. I had no idea about these sort of sites where people discuss stuff.
It was my daughter that told me about this site. She said she was speaking to a guy with an Impreza that said he got a lot of info from reading stuff on here.
Old 09 April 2009, 01:16 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Yep. You'll pick up a lot from the general forums (some to be taken with a pinch of salt) but i find this place better for advice, more people generally.

However, for meetings and chats with other Scots based owners SIDC is the way to go.

5t.