Notices

Which colour Impreza is less likely to get scratched?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2009, 12:13 AM
davidmhodgey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which colour Impreza is less likely to get scratched?

Hi,

I'm about to buy a 2006 Impreza WRX but can't decide what colour I should get. Ideally I'd get a blue one but I'm a little worried that it stands out too much.

I think blue is well sexy but it'll stand out a mile parked on my street.

I live in in Gorgie in Edinburgh which isn't too rough, but isn't exactly plush. Does anyone have any advice/stories that would help me?

I'm not worried about standing out too much, it's more that people might be jealous and scratch it or something. Does that sort of thing happen?

Thanks,
David

Last edited by davidmhodgey; 24 February 2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 24 February 2009, 10:16 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I think that Crystal Grey or Silver is probably the best colour to 'blend' into the background mate... Blue, White, Black and Red are going to attract attention.

If you dont need a wagon, I'd recommend going for an STi over a WRX cause if you modify your cars then you're better starting with a stronger base car IMO.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 24 February 2009, 12:39 PM
davidmhodgey
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

Cheers for the advice. Aye I think you're right. Just can't help lusting over a blue one! I've nae spoken to my insurance company about an STi - I just presumed they'd come back with a mental figure. I'll talk to them.

I won't be modifying it at all. I'm coming to Impreza land from a Fiat coupe so it'll feel plenty quick!

If it was your money, would you buy a 2006 2.5L WRX for ~£10k with 10,000 miles or a 2005 2L WRX for ~£8k with 20,000 miles?
Old 24 February 2009, 02:14 PM
290 AND READY
Scooby Regular

Newer the better mate.
Doesnt matter what colour it is- high performance cars bring with them higher risk.
My car was scratched from petrol car to front light, its a red wrx
Old 24 February 2009, 03:15 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

The 2.5 WRX is a lovely car to drive... and from personal preference, I think they look a bit nicer than the 2.0 WRX model too.

We all get the urge to modify it, specially if you hang around on here and Subaru Impreza Drivers Club -> Scottish Scoobies from time to time. It'll start with a wee backbox to release the burble a bit more, slowly progressing into a new turbo/intercooler/remap etc.

I've seen it happen before.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 24 February 2009, 05:41 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen a Subaru in a car park at a car show totally wrecked with scratches - full respray job. I can't understand why people do it, but it does happen.

That said, I'm not going to live in fear and choose my car's colour because of it; if it happens it's just unlucky. You could own a performance car for 20 years and not have it happen, or you could have bought one 20 days ago and have it keyed.
Old 24 February 2009, 07:24 PM
kewe
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do don't buy a green one and park it in Gorgie

I did have a green classic 99 model from new and it scratched like hell. I'm sure the birds used to tap dance on it.

My Brother has a 2001 WRX and it is blue. It still looks like it's just come out the showroom. You know, if blues what you have your heart set on, go get it, because if you buy another colour you will always spot a blue one and think - I should have got that colour.

Dont know much about the 2.5 model, but either would have me drooling, especially in BLUE

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2009, 10:33 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davidmhodgey
Hi,

I'm about to buy a 2006 Impreza WRX but can't decide what colour I should get. Ideally I'd get a blue one but I'm a little worried that it stands out too much.

I think blue is well sexy but it'll stand out a mile parked on my street.

I live in in Gorgie in Edinburgh which isn't too rough, but isn't exactly plush. Does anyone have any advice/stories that would help me?

I'm not worried about standing out too much, it's more that people might be jealous and scratch it or something. Does that sort of thing happen?

Thanks,
David
the only scoobie that wont get attention or damaged is the one you keep in the garage m8 ,they all come up for attention buy the blue or go for white bud cheer best of luck geo

Old 25 February 2009, 03:53 PM
focus rs 2128
Scooby Regular

STI WR1 is a good colour