Formula Fords at Knockhill - Excellent!

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2002, 06:09 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi All,

Went and did the Racing Car experience at Knockhill today.

Three laps in an MG (very nice chuckable car, could probably do with 50hp or so more). These cars are brand new, mine only had 117 miles on the clock

Then 7 laps solo in a Formula Ford.

What can I say, you just don't appreciate the difference between a designed for the circuit race car vs a made for the road car.

Although the FF only has 110 hp, it is so light and chuckable that its pretty easy to end up going very fast. Oh, and the brakes are excellent too. Not to mention the seating postion, where you are virtually lying on your back an inch or so off the tarmac.

Craig Alsop came along and managed to get the trophy for best driver and I managed to come second only missing out on first by one point out of 100. I don't think that's two bad considering that I spent 4 hours in Accident & Emergency till 4 am this morning with food poisoning

Anyway, enough of the rambling. Just get out and do it, you'll enjoy it.

Andrew.

[Edited by AndrewW - 2/16/2002 6:11:05 PM]
Old 16 February 2002, 09:22 PM
wullie-g
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

my wife got me same thing for my birthday but also with the rallying and the skid pan .the mg was ok but you cant realy boot it .the rallying was total brill handbreak turns powerslides etc but best of all was the single seater and boy can that wee thing fly and take it in a corner too hard and watch the thing spin . (real bum on the floor driving) yours wullie