Notices

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2008, 12:55 PM
le bomb new age
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!

hi, i have an 02 wrx i was under it today and noticed i have a hole in the exhaust system but don't know what it is called or if it is connected to the turbo and could be loosing presure due to this hole it is on the part that has subaru stamped on it just under the radiator next to the bumper at the front this part is not long it has a join at either side any help with this would be great?????
Old 21 May 2008, 05:43 PM
euan_r
Scooby Regular

sounds like joining piece between left and right exhaust header pieces. its not directly connected to turbo but is pre turbo so you may notice a difference with it blowing. there is corregated section to allow movement in this piece and it will probably be seperated at one end.

mine was gone and i just unbolted it, cut heatshields off, and welded it back together. still good some 15K/14 months later.

you could buy stainless steel headers if you wished instead but stay away from cheap ones as they dont last long.

other alternative buy second hand piece, wouldnt pay much for it tbh.
Old 21 May 2008, 11:19 PM
le bomb new age
Scooby Regular

thanks i was thinking that but i have noticed i can hear the turbo a lot more,or am just listening a lot closer to the car than usual!haha i was just going to weld it cos it does look an easy job but it was just annoying me!many thanks.