Notices

Border Counties Rally - 18th March

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 09:27 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Border Counties Rally - 18th March

Coming up on the 18th of march by jedburgh (south of edinburgh). All gravel so it'll be good to watch.
Here

Dave
Old 22 February 2006, 12:15 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Will be in attendance at this event myself.

The Snowman was quite good last weekend too, although I only got the chance to see one stage, ss5, and it was delayed by spectators not paying attention to the albeit slightly over zelous marshall.

Not a bad day tho despite being stuck in the service park.

Stephen.
Old 22 February 2006, 12:44 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Forgot about that one till it was too late, shame to miss it....
Old 22 February 2006, 07:21 PM
Grant-F
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lawson101
Will be in attendance at this event myself.

The Snowman was quite good last weekend too, although I only got the chance to see one stage, ss5, and it was delayed by spectators not paying attention to the albeit slightly over zelous marshall.

Not a bad day tho despite being stuck in the service park.

Stephen.
I must of been standing near you on that hairpin! That marshall was a ***** and blew the situation well out of proportion!

I will also be attending the borders counties rally. Hopefully see some of you on the go!

Grant
Old 22 February 2006, 07:55 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Grant-F
I must of been standing near you on that hairpin! That marshall was a ***** and blew the situation well out of proportion!
That spot is nuts tho, I saw a fight there a few seasons ago with this p1ssed up local ned getting smacked off his mate for walking out the way of the cars just as they were coming into the bend.
Old 22 February 2006, 10:16 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

[quote=lawson101]Will be in attendance at this event myself.

slightly over zelous marshall.

I was there working as a marshall on stage one and stage 5. The attitude of people on stage 5 was without a care for their own or others safety! I am sure if a spectator or a competitor had been injured or even killed this comment would be somewhat different. We volunteer our time to work these stages if no one was willing to give up part of their weekend to marshall these events then they would not exist. Our concern is the safety of spectators whilst allowing the competitors to compete.
Old 23 February 2006, 12:24 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

360ste I respect and appreciate the often thankless job that marshalls do and I take my hat off to you for taking the time out to help the sport.

I do understand the need for safety and know that spectators are often a difficult beast to work with.

Where I was standing a particular marshall was asking spectators to move back, which they were unwilling to do. Someone who I assume was the clerk of the course or the safety officer came along and moved the spectators. After he left the spectators moved back again and were joined by two other marshalls.

I then couldnt understand why this one marshall was shouting at people to get them to move then took no further action when the spectators moved into the same position and were joined by other marshalls.

Did the presence of the other marshalls make it safer to stand where they were? If the area was that unsafe should it have not been deemed out of bounds and taped off?

However, the rally was well organised and apart from that slight hiccup ran very well. And we have to thank you guys for that as much as the organisers.