Notices

Any events coming up?

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2001, 09:39 AM
gadge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
knockhill sat 15th should be a good day out
with SIDC and the GTR register having places on track as well as other hi performance cars which I am not going to say (1 German 1 Italian usually red)

knockhill by dunfermland Fife
Old 08 September 2001, 12:13 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Hi all,

the first post from this Scooby Newbie!

My car's a MY99 DBM 5dr - needed 5drs for our black lab. Standard apart from 16in Gold Speedlines and a Sony headunit.

Have had the car a few months now, but for various reasons seem to have missed all the shows etc in the North East.

Would appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there's anything left this year, before the snow appears.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 08 September 2001, 04:21 PM
JohnS

Talking

We actually have two events lined up for this forthcoming weekend.

Knockhill (fully booked with a reserve list) from 9am to 1pm. Costs nothing to come along and watch.

Cameron House Hotel BBQ on the 16th, from 11am onwards, lunch from 12 - 1, and then a drive in the afternoon to a yet to be confirmed destination for a Tour and some activities.

The next event after that is an open day at AWD Motorsport in Perth, with free tea and coffee all day, and free diagnostics to SIDC members. Non members can still get the diagnostics performed, but they will have to pay a small fee. Grant at AWD is also starting a series of month long special discounts for members, with some cracking deals to be had.

In October, we have a driver training program in Aberdeen on the 6th (postponed from earlier in the year), and again fully booked I'm afraid.

On the 8th, there is a track day at Cadwell park, but a sizeable group of Scots are travelling down for the event.

In early November, we have the Tour d'Ecosse.

We are also planning a winter karting series, with events at a number of venues across the country. Mostly Grand Prix events, but we might have one or two team endurance events as well.

John
Old 10 September 2001, 11:44 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Cheers Guys,

Gadge - sounds like a good day at Knockhill, are you an SIDC member? Was thinking of joining.

John - is that driver training day at the exhibition centre? Realise it's fully booked but wouldn't mind coming along to meet some peeps & see some cars. What's the Tour d'Eccosse all about?

Thanks again,

Mike.
Old 11 September 2001, 11:26 AM
JohnS

Mike,

SIDC membership is only £25, and you can now join online using your credit card if you wish. See
Old 11 September 2001, 10:43 PM
gadge
Scooby Regular

not a member of sidc yet cos i am moving house so will be joining soon will be a good day hope to c u there .i am white with
YETI RACING sun strip next to the GTR r33 v spec