Notices

Town and County K/hill day 27/7/01

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2001, 11:21 AM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

managed to go on their track day yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.face and neck sunburnt which makes a change for K/hill and it gave us a chance to see just how slow the new age WRX is,which they certainly are NOT.there were a couple of WRX's,3 UK300's,one of which was driven by Mike Woods and he was definitely not there to save tyres and brakes.I made a point of going out at the same time as him with my car to get a true comparison between my decatted MY00 and his car.although there was no difference up the straights I could tell his car was far better balanced through the bends and although the gap between the two cars never changed I cannot help but feel that if he had been going for lap times instead of exhibition laps(read as nice controlled drifts)he would have pulled away.the next time I was out I had a go at chasing Mr Scott's P1,his car was every bit as quick through the bends as the UK300 but as soon as we hit the straights he would just f**k off.

huge thanks to Town and County for organizing the day,it has done a good job of convincing me that the new WRX is not slower just smoother.

john

[This message has been edited by T-uk (edited 28 July 2001).]
Old 28 July 2001, 08:30 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

I had the pleasure of a couple of laps with Mike at Nobles track day in May. He was driving a lightly modified MY01 (pre UK300 launch) and was amazing. I was chuffed to be hanging on to him on the straights until I realised he wasn't changing up into 4th
Old 28 July 2001, 10:24 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Most distressed that I could not make it

Stuart
Old 30 July 2001, 08:44 PM
McCrash
Scooby Regular

Cool

A work colleague has a son that is a marshall at Knockhill and she said that one of the sales guys took out a new WRX on the day without permission on rolled it at Duffus (so he must have beeing going at some pace).

It landed upside down and her son was first on the scene. The guy was crapping himself and kept saying he'd get the sack - he did.

Anyone got the pictures?
Old 30 July 2001, 10:34 PM
McCrash
Scooby Regular

Will post this again as the original doesn't seem to have appeared. Did any attendees see the T&C WRX being written off by a salesman who then got sacked?

Any pics?
Old 31 July 2001, 06:21 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

McCrash,

the salesman did go off but did not feel it fair to mention earlier.was told it landed on it's side but the damage did not look too bad considering.

john
Old 31 July 2001, 09:59 PM
Dave Milne
Scooby Newbie

Cool

I talked with the sales guy after the car was recovered, every one was ushered into the restaurant for lunch while this happened, he did have a big lip on , kept saying he was gonna get the sack...
The car was hidden out of sight in the lower paddock area, tucked in behind a shed...The damage i could see was mainly front and rear plastics hanging off, did not see any damage to the roof at all, and both mirrors were still on...
I guess it will be repaired by now and for sale again..!!! 1 carefull driver !!....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by McCrash:
<B>A work colleague has a son that is a marshall at Knockhill and she said that one of the sales guys took out a new WRX on the day without permission on rolled it at Duffus (so he must have beeing going at some pace).

It landed upside down and her son was first on the scene. The guy was crapping himself and kept saying he'd get the sack - he did.

Anyone got the pictures?[/quote]

Trending Topics

Old 05 August 2001, 09:08 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Smile

Folks

The story of this incident is in the News of the World today. Quote " a cocky car salesman was sacked on the spot for writing off a £25K sportscar".

The guy was apparently sacked after he left the medical centre at the circuit.

Obviously, I don't wish for anyone to get hurt (& he didn't) but I'm sure that the salesman in question was the smug git with attitude that dealt with me once at Town & County - I didn't buy from him!!!!

Anybody got any pics of the car after the crash?

Den
Old 08 August 2001, 11:37 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Question

No updates yet on this incident then? Does anyone have the correct tale of events & pictures of the car. Seems that there are varying opinions of the damage depending upon the newspaper or report you read/hear - ranging from minor damage on one side to total write off.

Den